New to AX8 and Fractal...

Cyguitar

I'm excited to get started. I have a couple of questions. I've had other modelers before, Headrush (twice), and POD HD500. I will be using this live, running to the board. I monitor with my IEMs. I usually have trouble trying to balance out volumes between patches. My plan this time around is to, bring one of our P.A. mains (QSC K12) to our rehearsal room plug in, turn it up to gig volume, and balance from there. How do you all balance volumes for live playing? Also, how do you boost for solos? I saw Leon Todd's video on that and will give his suggestions a try. Curious if anyone has another way that works for them. BTW, I play in a Classic Rock and Pop cover band. We cover songs for the 1950's to the 2010's. A lot of different sounds in there. We go from Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, to White Zombie and many sounds in between. Plenty of Classic Rock, like Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Beatles, etc. We also do things like Jackson 5, Steely Dan, Kool & The Gang, James Brown. We also do Pop stuff like, Hall & Oats, Bay City Rollers, Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds, Neil Diamond, etc. So I'm covering quite a range of sounds. Thanks in advance.

Turning it up in the PA and adjusting will get you the results you want. With the songs/bands you cover that might take some time. Most of the time I just use my home studio monitors but watch below videos first before trying home monitors.

Solo boost either using the Amp Boost w/Control Switch or a Filter Block set to Null with 4 or 6 dB boost.

Here are a couple videos that will also help from @Marco Fanton (he is using the FM3 here but same concept) and from @austinbuddy. Lengthy, detailed videos worth the watch. There are other good videos out there that are shorter and will still get you there. 

Thank you. I have seen the Austin Buddy video. I hadn't seen the MF video, until now. I watched it. Very informative.

Back
Top Bottom