New switch setup question

vavais

Hi... I checked the wiki and couldn't find an answer to that specific situation...

I have an axe fx 2 with an mfc-101 and two expression pedals...

Now I want to add two boxes, each one will have two switches..

Box one will be connected to terminals "switch 1+2" behind the mfc and box two to "switch 3+4"...

Now the question... I need one switch in each box to toggle between the x/y amps setups... Is it possible to do so..??(two different switches wired separately that can toggle the same thing)

The two other switches will activate other features, so no problem about them.

Thanks

yes more then one switch can send the same midi info. a little courious why you want 2 switches to do the same function though.

To the OP... do you want to have one switch to select the X and one switch to select the Y for the amp? In other words have a distinct switch to always select the X and another to select the Y?
(Strictly speaking this wouldn't be a toggle so I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly)

If so then I don't think this is possible using CC assignments which would be the easy way because:
Amp 1 X/Y CC 100
Amp 2 X/Y CC101

yes more then one switch can send the same midi info. a little courious why you want 2 switches to do the same function though.

Late reply... eh.. sorry... The idea was to have a box on each side of my footswitch setup and have access to amp switching wherever side of it i was standing... .

To the OP... do you want to have one switch to select the X and one switch to select the Y for the amp? In other words have a distinct switch to always select the X and another to select the Y?
(Strictly speaking this wouldn't be a toggle so I'm not sure if I understood your question correctly)

If so then I don't think this is possible using CC assignments which would be the easy way because:
Amp 1 X/Y CC 100
Amp 2 X/Y CC101

Late reply... eh.. sorry... I only needed a switch to swap amps... not a 'distinctive' switch to a 'distinctive' amp... ;)

You can do it, but the problem with two separate external switches for the same function is that they will get out of sync with each other. External switches are not actively synced with anything in the Axe. They just dumb toggle between on and off states regardless of what the Axe is doing. Switching X/Y on one of the switches will not update the state of the other switch so if you move to the other switch, it may take two taps to get to the state you want. For example, say you start a song and both switches are at the X state. You use the right switch to select Y for a different part of the song. You move on stage and then try to use the left switch to get back to X, however, since the left switch is already at the X state the first press selects Y (which you are already on) and you have to press it a second time to go back X.

Back
Top Bottom