New Suhr Pete Thorn Custom HSS

There might be another builder doing it already (?) but I don't know of anyone else who made the customized routing for the D-Tuna in a recessed Floyd Rose set-up. It's about time.
IIRC, Washburn does that - or used to - on the Nuno sig model, but it looks a bit more utilitarian than on the Suhr.

Last edited:
I'm fortunate to own both the standard HH Goldtop and the HSS in the graphite finish. I really like them both and didn't think I'd get on with the ebony board on the HSS but it's a fantastic guitar. I've only had the HSS for a couple of months, I bought it 2nd hand. The previous owner only had it a short time and he bought it brand new. Must have lost quite a bit of cash on it.

I'm not really a Floyd guy and prefer the standard trem and the TB II that's in the bridge I do plan on swapping out for the SSH like I have in my HH standard. The SSH+ that's in the Floyd model I bet it sounds awesome!

All I can say is if you can afford to get one then do it! You won't regret it!

Looks pretty sweet. Some dealers might offer you 10% off, but it'd still take a whole kidney.

These look pretty nice, too - but I'd have to give up both kidneys. https://www.suhr.com/instruments/modern-set-neck-le/
Those set necks are gorgeous. the cost of guitars these days! my oh my. A local small shop just became a dealer for Anderson which is awesome and a first for my city. that'd be a dream but again...prices nowadays its getting a bit out of reach for the average guy. I just can't justify dropping $7-8K unless I win a lotto of course. Not that I really need more guitars and pretty satiated with my small collection. The only way I'd grab one of these is selling off a few to fund the purchase

Those set necks are gorgeous. the cost of guitars these days! my oh my. A local small shop just became a dealer for Anderson which is awesome and a first for my city. that'd be a dream but again...prices nowadays its getting a bit out of reach for the average guy. I just can't justify dropping $7-8K unless I win a lotto of course. Not that I really need more guitars and pretty satiated with my small collection. The only way I'd grab one of these is selling off a few to fund the purchase
Im team sell off a few if the single one is that good. Quality over quantity.

Also they’ll be used for less next year ;)

Yeah, prices have gone up SO much in the last year or two.

I bought a beautiful Anderson about a year ago, but returned it. Not because it wasn't a great guitar, but I kept thinking I'd always be worried about something happening to it - damaged or swiped.

I have three Suhrs now, one more than I really need, but I enjoy them all. I think they look great, but they're "player" guitars for me and I wouldn't be too crushed if something bad ever happens to them.

I'm letting go of three other Suhrs that are good guitars, but I just haven't gelled with them like the others.

Last edited:
I'm totally on board with this. I could easily do with a few less for a top tier player.
I found what looks like maybe an M2M 68ri custom that has me reconsidering my “one lpc” stance (especially since its also black). I have 2 guitars to sell to cover previous expenses and would be moving my pretty damn good standards to cover any gibson CS purchases. Not many options for what Im after - my concern is the price creep on used gear especially at stores.

I'm a Pete fan and own two Suhr's but the FU tone bridge turns me off. Andy is a snake oil salesman. I'm surprised to see Suhr pushing his product...
Probably to do with pricing and partnership - lotta products that fix non-issues out there :/

Same. I know that Suhr is switching away from the Gotoh 510 to their own proprietary bridge design. I wonder if this is another move away from Gotoh 1996t. I don't buy into the FU-tone hype about titanium blocks offering superior tone.
And the proprietary design will be a copy of the 510 with Suhr on it made in Korea for considerably less money, same as the Anderson one is.

speaking of bridges in the style of gotoh (non locking) or say Floyd (locking)...is there any consensus on which is regarded as the best?

Back
Top Bottom