NEW STORE ONLINE NOW!

Why do you think they did not mean it to work the way they set it up. Maybe they thought that if somebody is really willing to pay $3000.00 like they do on ebay why not them take the money. Who knows where the price will really end up at. They could raise it to $4000.00 and as long as there is a very limited production rate some fool will pay it.

If money was no object and I was taking a 3 month business trips to Brazil with no possibility of getting an Axe-fx 2 in that time frame... then I would have done just the same... the problem is not someone being a "fool" for buying it at that price... the problem is that most folks don't have the "cashflow" to be able to do what our Brazilian-bound Axe forumite is able to do... and that's spend ca$h like it's going out of style! Biznitche$ be hatin' cuz they ain't got no ca$hflow yo... ;)

Like I've said before... none of this will matter in a year (I would say 6 months but you never know... 1-2 weeks turned into 2 months... and counting...) :D

Congrats to both FAS (for finding a way to charge more for a product they said would retail for $2199, 3+ months of not selling any product has got to be hard on any "small" company... not counting the week and a half the Axe2 lotto system was in place) and toasterdude for actually being able to get one before he will be off the grid...

P.S. toasterdude... do you only sell toasters to Brazilians or do you sell them to US folks too? Also, are you guys hiring? :D

I'm really frustrated with this whole process and need to take a break I think. I understand that there was a problem with the old store and that FAS realized that and changed solutions. Kudos to that. However, it would appear that some work needs to be done in order to service the wait list fairly. Maybe they should raise the price to $10,000 and give an appropriate coupon. Another way to do it would be to hide the wait list part of the store and send a URL with an embedded coupon code. Matt, what do you think about that? Hide the wait list part and send out an embedded coupon?
I have taken several breaks. It helps.

I happen to have the cash flow to buy one if I wanted at $3000.00 but would find that a foolish thing to do when I can get it for $2200.00 in what will probably be a short wait. Everyone could come up with some storyline about why they just had to have one at any price but if I did I would not have posted my paying that high price on this forum with all its drama going on unless I wanted to cause a stir. Peace!!

The definition of "short wait" is relative. I wouldn't post either if I jumped through the wait list section. However, the first post does serve a function as it tests the current system to its limits which I am sure FAS does not want but is inevitable. If they cancel those orders outright, it sends the message that they are actively enforcing the wait list.

True. I am really leaning to the waitlist because I should be near the top to be honest about it but still would not pay $3000.00 even if I wasn"t

Hold on, so you guys are now saying that the $3K price is not just some type of placeholder for wait list coupon holders? It is actually possible to add a $3K unit to your cart at any time if you see one, go through the process and actually buy it? That's incredible.
Firstly, I think it's again an incredible testament to Cliff and his product that people are so freaking geared up over this thing that they are willing to pay $3K online.
Secondly, to Toasterdude... hey man, if you can swing it why the hell not! You obviously have a ton of stuff going on (maybe his travels actually allow him to afford $3k for one?). Think of it this way, 3 extra MONTHS for him WITH the II... he is basically paying ~$400 over the MSRP ($2600) so paying an extra $125 premium for the firs three months of usage... not inconceivable if you think of it that way.
From a business perspective I think the rest of us wait listers need to put this all in perspective. Meaning, there is customer support and wanting to please people on your forum and then there is stone cold reality. Maybe the $400 to now $800 premium that people are willing to pay will help FAS survive longer, maybe it will allow them to keep longer hours or hire an extra hand or but more raw materials in bulk? Cliff's probably not riding around in the Red Ferrari giving us all the finger just yet :)
But I must admit, as a current customer (I have purchased at least 2, maybe 3 Standards direct from FAS in the past... how many people here are really current customers?) and current wait lister this product launch has been far from smooth from where I sit. Cliff might probably say the same? But, it is what it is...
EDIT: I should add that I would never pay $3K for the II.

Got one just now for the 2599.00 price.
So, did I. Buying the shirt helped. The account information had been saved. Stage fright kicked in during the process, and my right hand went out of my control. So, one handed, 15 seconds. Now, I got to go take a Valium and lay down.

So, did I. Buying the shirt helped. The account information had been saved. Stage fright kicked in during the process, and my right hand went out of my control. So, one handed, 15 seconds. Now, I got to go take a Valium and lay down.

Better make sure you didn't order 3 with that shaky hand :)

Congrats!

Dancing Frog said:

I was getting gas and checked the store on my iPhone. I set up my account info including payment info last night. It was saved. I was still having to concentrate to keep my iPhone steady. Lol

I had one in the cart, submitted 3 times and declined each.... contacted mastercard and they said I shouldn't have been declined.... had $5000 available credit. 4th try after contacting credit card company then said out of stock. What's up with that?

Back
Top Bottom