New stage trends...

This has been going for decades. Surely you didn’t think those walls or cabinets were all real. In fact the guitar shop I used to work in had some dummy cabs we got for an instore display.

Go see Yngwie - his are REAL and he uses about 30 of them!

Even when he did a "class" with the attendees of Vai Academy... In which he played only with backing tracks.

I know someone who did live sound in the 80's arena rock days who confirmed this is has been part of the touring scene for along time.

Go see Yngwie - his are REAL and he uses about 30 of them!

Even when he did a "class" with the attendees of Vai Academy... In which he played only with backing tracks.
Actually we were playing in a Private club underneath The Paramount here on Long Island... and Yngwie was playing upstairs in the main room... these were some of his amps.. he was only using 2.. the rest were just for show most of them didn't even work...

His poor guitar Tech was changing his strings with his guitars laying on the cement loading dock... craziest thing I ever saw..

His pedalboard was a piece of plywood that had a Boss Overdrive a Boss NS-2 and a really old Nady Wireless Receiver on it...
But he is Yngwie and he's out of his bird... he played a million notes ...

1704937655285.jpeg
1704937635247.jpeg
1704937617270.jpeg
1704937601313.jpeg
1704937581520.jpeg
1704937526664.jpeg

Actually we were playing in a Private club underneath The Paramount here on Long Island... and Yngwie was playing upstairs in the main room... these were some of his amps.. he was only using 2.. the rest were just for show most of them didn't even work...

His poor guitar Tech was changing his strings with his guitars laying on the cement loading dock... craziest thing I ever saw..

His pedalboard was a piece of plywood that had a Boss Overdrive a Boss NS-2 and a really old Nady Wireless Receiver on it...
But he is Yngwie and he's out of his bird... he played a million notes ...

View attachment 132954
View attachment 132953
View attachment 132952
View attachment 132951
View attachment 132950
View attachment 132949
Are they YJMs, 1959s or 1987x??

I know someone who did live sound in the 80's arena rock days who confirmed this is has been part of the touring scene for along time.
Back when I was still in my teens, I was so awestruck seeing this band at The Sandbar that had 6 Marshall stacks, 3 on each side. I pulled up the guitarist and asked about them and he was like, "See the mic? That's the only one that's real."

I was SO disappointed! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom