New sounds, audio clips DZW.

Hello Fractal Friends,
It's been a while since I have posted anything here. I have been doing a lot of experimentation with the Fractal while touring. I have some audio clips on my site. http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/songs/ ... xperiments

All the examples are live front of house board reference mixes. One of the latest sounds is my approximation of Sugar Cane Harris's phased electric violin. I use it on Gumbo Variations from the Hot Rats album.

Feel free to check out the clips.

DZ

Glad to hear that you're still enjoying your Axe-Fx. :) "I Promise Not To Come In Your Mouth" was a bit tormenting for me as a name but you sure know how to make your guitar sound good. Any news on the PRS guitar they are making for you?

Hello Clark,
PRS is definitely making a limited run of DZ signature models. They are announcing and taking orders at Namm.

The title is a funny one. Tricky sound to re-create. I got in the ball park though.

DZ

Hello Mr Z.,

I greatly enjoyed a youtube vid of you playing with a Cello sound.

Was this something you created, or just a preset from the Axe Fx?

I am considering getting an Axe myself, and was just curious.

Thanks for your time and music!

Wonderful sounds! As a long-time fan, your playing is very reminiscent of your Dad. I considered him to be one of the true guitar masters. Any possibily of sharing some of these patches?

Damn Dweezil...you have nailed Franks tone, its down right scary! Always thought those tones on shut up n play were some of the most beautiful ever recorded. Been stuck trying to figure out that clean pink napkins dual dynaflanged tone (like your clean inca solo clip)...but you got that plus much more down cold. Canarsie is so spot on its crazy.

Hi Dweezil! Wonderful tones and I have to tell you that the Milan concert in July was simply fantastic: 2 hours and half filled with 22 songs! Thanks!!!

dweezil zappa said:
There are a few more new clips including one featuring Mattias Eklund who joined us on stage in Gothenburg Sweden last week.

Dweezil, you have become an amazing guitarist and you're work playing your fathers music has definitely paid off. You really do it justice.

Thanks for sharing your tweaking adventures on the forum. Great stuff.

P.S. If you see Mattias again, tell him Porkchop says, "Thanks for Superior Drummer 2.0!"

I can't begin to tell you the profound impact your dad has had on me since i was about 12, before i knew even what guitar or anything was i just thought he was cool.
I didn't start playing till years after that, due to eddie yngwie randy ect like a lot of us, but later rediscovered Franks music and learned not music theory or licks or anything, just the aspect of reaching inward and pulling out from the depths what lies beneath, all just by listening to the endless little jokes and stories he told just thru his guitar alone. Always wanted to tell him that i got it. I'm glad you've carried it on, you've become a superb player keep it up man.

dweezil zappa said:
There are a few more new clips including one featuring Mattias Eklund who joined us on stage in Gothenburg Sweden last week.

Does Mattias know about Axe-Fx? Has he tried yours? :)

Back
Top Bottom