New song featuring Dan Tompkins and Marty Friedman

keshav

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a new song with you, this one has Daniel Tompkins (from Tesseract) on vocals, and Marty Friedman on a guest solo.

The vocals and the solo might take some getting used to, as they were a bit unexpected even for me haha, but hope you guys enjoy it anyway!

Here it is:

All rhythm guitars were tracked with my Ultra. I'm not sure what gear Marty used to record the solo, but seeing as he's a Fractal artist i'm pretty sure he used the Axe too.

Let me know what you think - bouquets, brickbats all more than welcome :)
Also any mix or master advice you might have, please do share!

Cheers,

Keshav

It pretty much kills all over the place. The vocals, love they way their mixed, though not a big fan of the screaming here and there. Big thumbs up to all guitars, especially the clean ambient ones. The solos is great. Track is long with a purpose. It unfolds and wraps up nicely.

Dang dude, very nice. I think the vocals are excellent. Dude sings and screams and does both very well. The music is complicated enough that I was having a hard time finding the pulse but eventually did once I tried hard enough. Tricky stuff. You ever check out the band Cynic? I can totally hear them in your musical genes. :) And in case it doesn't go without saying... awesome, awesome engineering. Everything sounds excellent. And cheers on getting to work with such talented guys. Count your blessings eh? Keep up the good work (fun)

Thanks a whole lot you guys, it's very, very inspiring for me that you like it :)

Scott, yeah Cynic are pretty much one of the best prog bands ever! And I definitely do feel very blessed to be working with such amazing musicians, part of me even wonders whether I deserve it or not haha!

Thanks again - very stoked you guys approve! :)

Dude, you totally deserve it. And the fact that you'd even question it means you're probably a pretty cool guy also.

I think I listened to Focus somewhere in the neighborhood of maybe 75 times before I really understood what was going on all over the place. Only took me several years. :)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom