New Song Demo 14.02 with Clark Kent's TEH Pack IR Pack

Very nice playing and arrangements!
Mix sonds alright to me at first listen, but I'm on headphones.
:encouragement:

I like the Clean-sounds very much in the middle of the song. That something was surprising to me, when I tried the TEH SM 57 IR´s - they work really with clean Amps.

What Amps have you used?

Sounds good bro! The guitar for some reason sound too hot or loud. Like they dont sound bad, just loud at the clean parts. Also the drums need to be a little crisper. They sound a but muddy, not much just a tad. But overall it is really good!

I like the Clean-sounds very much in the middle of the song. That something was surprising to me, when I tried the TEH SM 57 IR´s - they work really with clean Amps.

What Amps have you used?

The cleans are a Double Verb
The rhythm tones are 5153 and VHT D60 M
The dirty leads are the Bogner Uberschall

Sounds good bro! The guitar for some reason sound too hot or loud. Like they dont sound bad, just loud at the clean parts. Also the drums need to be a little crisper. They sound a but muddy, not much just a tad. But overall it is really good!

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I tend to burn the guitars...It is always good to hear it from someone else. I tend to be a bit guitar bias when I don't have to leave room for vox. Any mixing tips on the drums I added a bit of compressor...I use EZ Drummer 2

I am new to the home recording thing...I use Logic so an resources, tips, criticism is put toward getting better :D

The mix and the playing sounds outstanding during the clean portions... the distorted passages seem to sound a tad 'boxy', if that translates into something usable.

I'd probably bring up the bass guitar during those segments, back off a tad on the mids, and use some panning to treat the multi guitar mix to get some air in it.

Nice job, and catchy tune.

The mix and the playing sounds outstanding during the clean portions... the distorted passages seem to sound a tad 'boxy', if that translates into something usable.

I'd probably bring up the bass guitar during those segments, back off a tad on the mids, and use some panning to treat the multi guitar mix to get some air in it.

Nice job, and catchy tune.

I think the issue may be in the mids. Would you suggest to re-record with the less mids or would it be possible to get something comparable with some post eq.

I have the guitars double tracked and panned(exception cleans)

Any other tips to "wider" guitars? :D

As someone else said: the clean part is balanced while the distorded sequences sound a little too compressed and "boxy".
However great playing and arrangements.

I feel there is some weird, hard to describe unnatural stereo image in the remixed file. Did you use any kind of spatial or stereo enhancer? If so, I recommend to switch them off for testing purposes and only work with natural double tracking.

I feel there is some weird, hard to describe unnatural stereo image in the remixed file. Did you use any kind of spatial or stereo enhancer? If so, I recommend to switch them off for testing purposes and only work with natural double tracking.

The drums also require more work. Especially the crash, which is way too dominant and sounds almost distorted.

Other than that - and take it with a grain of salt, as it's just a personal taste: I feel the mix is a little over-compressed, especially on the guitar and drums. Malmsteen might disagree, but less is more!

Back
Top Bottom