New solo piece using two different delays in series

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Finished a piece today I was working on for some time now called "Lost Home" and made a quick video. It uses two delays in series (one very long and one medium delay). I also use a volume pedal for the intro and a second expression pedal to kick in the reverb (around 2:00) Third expression pedal is for the pitch shifter and the multi delay imput (around 3:30 and the outro).
Hope you like it!

Last edited:
The intro part with swell is very good! The up to 2 minutes it's all good before it becomes to much sounds. Might have sounded good if the audio been better. Interresting composition!

Nice way to use the delays like thay and not only do the same thing all the time.

I really like the different dynamics and different voicing types, bringing the reverb in and out is also a great idea.

Good work!

Jens

I like it very much! :)
Reminds me of 80s King Crimson, which I love.

I am a big King Crimson fan myself. Saw the Crimson Projekct last Friday. It was a very nice show. Funny that you mention this though because I didn't associate this piece with King Crimson in the first place. Curious what aspect reminds you of it?

I am a big King Crimson fan myself. Saw the Crimson Projekct last Friday. It was a very nice show. Funny that you mention this though because I didn't associate this piece with King Crimson in the first place. Curious what aspect reminds you of it?

The sound of the pitch shifter (especially in the first 33 seconds) reminds me of some of their sounds in the Discipline/Beat era, and the whole vibe/atmosphere reminded of KC pieces like this:
King Crimson - The Power to Believe (Part IV: Coda) - YouTube

You have your own thing going nonetheless, so I meant it purely as a compliment :) Keep 'em coming!

I'm going to see The Crimson ProjeKCt, too, coming sunday actually. I never thought I'd come that close to a King Crimson concert and now they're playing a gig in my hometown :D Super stoked!

I'm going to see The Crimson ProjeKCt, too, coming sunday actually. I never thought I'd come that close to a King Crimson concert and now they're playing a gig in my hometown :D Super stoked!

ok, have fun then tomorrow and let me know what you thought of it.

Back
Top Bottom