New Shiva patch and new Superior setup

monsterhulk

Inspired
Hi folks :cool: ...

here i am again :roll: ... this time just to present a new patch i made with the new shiva model :p

hope someone can give me some decent critix on this patch and mix so i can improve on mixin :ugeek: :lol: and setting up sounds

you need not to comment on the song for itself ... only if you wanna worship me :lol: :shock: :lol: :roll: no kidding ... the song is just a

container for now

What you' ll hear is a melody patch (Recto New), a lead patch (Brown), a rythm patch (quadtracked, Shiva) ... no Bass ... drums Superior 2.0 MF

Hope you ll enjoy and comment

Greatz M

PS: you also can visit me on http://www.soundclick.com/restzeit if you like

Re: New Shiva patch and new Suprerior setup

Hey...what's the new song then? :)

Anyway, im listening to the rest of your songs and you have a really good sound mate.

Cheers!

I want to say it sounds kinda out of whack mix-wise, but it's really hard to say with all those guitars and drums without any bass to hold it together. Seems like the tones are pretty rockin' though.

The song is cool. I really like the fast mhethl parts but mix-wise that sure was "wrong". :) Compare it to your Soundclick stuff because those were ok. (snare was pretty weird though) :) You need more low end... like 20dBs more low end. :)

Hi and many many thx for the quick responses nice comments and constructive critx :cool: :ugeek: :D this forum is realy what a forum should be ...

GaryRichie said:
I want to say it sounds kinda out of whack mix-wise, but it's really hard to say with all those guitars and drums without any bass to hold it together. Seems like the tones are pretty rockin' though.

Clark Kent said:
The song is cool. I really like the fast mhethl parts but mix-wise that sure was "wrong". :) Compare it to your Soundclick stuff because those were ok. (snare was pretty weird though) :) You need more low end... like 20dBs more low end. :)

Yeah ... i thought it would be good to leave the bass so you can concentrate on guitar and kick/snare sounds :geek: ... i need a new bass patch too cause my old is a lot too boomy, but at first i'd like to know if my guitar sound's ok with the new patch :cool: :oops: :geek: ... it is not realy difficult too get the right amount of LOW (at least 20 dB :lol: :lol: ) end with the right bass patch ... even with a less good one if the bass is a 5-Stringer :p :lol: ... but i ve got a muddy area in my mixes i can t realy define and i always seem to have low end peaks on my soundclick stuff so i thought it would be better to start again from scratch ... k ... nearly :p :lol:

So if anyone has some more suggestions or better speaker than mine (Alesis M1 Active 620) too get some of the muddy area or spikey low end ... it would be nice too give me the one or the other advice ... phew :lol: :p ... somethin like a book that i wrote now ... but maybe it helps :lol:

Greatz M

The bass isn't the only thing that has low end. Kick is somewhere between 63-80hz, guitar usually peaks at 125hz and snare peaks a bit above the guitar. Right now it sounds like the snare is the lowest instrument there. If the kick had more low end that would really make it sound a lot better. What cab are you using? It sounds like you are using a mic sim like an SM57 so it cuts all the low end. I suggest having the mic sim at NONE.

Hi Mikko (i suppose your name is Mikko) ...

thx a lot for you help and your accute listening to my music in special that snippet :shock: :D i realy appreciate it :D

i made some minor tweaks to the bassdrum meanwhile to move more low end to it :ugeek:
(i will post this if i am back at home)

the guitars should sit upon bass later on so i did this filtertrick from cliff to cut some of the spikey lowend from the guitars

the cab sims are RedWirez ... so there is no chance to get rid of the mic sim ... but if i remember correctly i mix R121 and SM57 so there should be enough low end comming from them :roll:

i didn t recognize that the snare is that low ... seems that i have to invest some euronians to get some subwoofer or somethin

Greatz M

Thank you again :D ...

i have some Alesis M1 Active ... and they overpronounce the bass region i think ... they are not realy FR i think :roll: ... the KRK seem to be more flat response so you can get a better resulting "picture" of your sounds i think

it was a youth mistake to buy them but now i have 'em and they make mixing not even easier :ugeek: :cry:

those discription bout eq seemes to be very good ... i read nearly every essay i can get for free if they were recommended :p ... but mostly they all include those fine tables with frequencies and stuff ... look at this (though it s german you should get it :p )

http://www.bws-tonstudio.ch/equalizer_d ... m#Bassdrum ... at least the detailed table for drums i ve ever seen

anyway ... i ve learned a lot from this forum here and those guyz like you who realy encourage and i hope i will make some more steps forward soon from concrete critics ...

so plz give me more input :lol: :cool: :ugeek: :D :D

Greatz M

Back
Top Bottom