New Scott Henderson!

I could do without the sound collage stuff, but the actual music is amazing. Don't understand his harmonic sense sometimes, don't recognize what he's doing, but I like it.

I could do without the sound collage stuff, but the actual music is amazing. Don't understand his harmonic sense sometimes, don't recognize what he's doing, but I like it.
Both Vibe Station and People Mover also have samples mixed in during various parts of the songs. I think they just add some extra "character" but if they were never there I wouldn't feel like anything was missing in most cases.

His capabilities are definitely very deep.

I don't try to analyze it although I'm sure others probably do. I just listen because I like it!

I do try to pick up things from his phrasing and technique. I'm a big whammy bar user and I love his use of the bar for vibrato going both down and up - I do that a lot.

He also makes some interesting use of effects.

Also, kudos to @York Audio - he confirmed in his cab pack thread that Scott used his IRs from the KW cab pack (of Scott's personal cab) on this album.

Both Vibe Station and People Mover also have samples mixed in during various parts of the songs. I think they just add some extra "character" but if they were never there I wouldn't feel like anything was missing in most cases.

His capabilities are definitely very deep.

I don't try to analyze it although I'm sure others probably do. I just listen because I like it!

I do try to pick up things from his phrasing and technique. I'm a big whammy bar user and I love his use of the bar for vibrato going both down and up - I do that a lot.

He also makes some interesting use of effects.

Also, kudos to @York Audio - he confirmed in his cab pack thread that Scott used his IRs from the KW cab pack (of Scott's personal cab) on this album.
He gives private lessons online. I've always thought about taking a lesson from one of the greats & then I decide that I'm probably not up to the task & shortchange myself.
After buying my Chapman Railboard I always planned on taking a lesson from Greg Howard...... Unfortunately, Greg passed away & that's no longer possible.
I think I should at least look on Scott Henderson's site for pricing info. It couldn't be that much, & I'm sure anything I could learn from him would be extremely beneficial to me musically. He was a teacher at GIT or MI for some time, that's where all the Tribal Tech guys came from.

I've been listening to SH w/ Tribal Tech for years now. I always thought he had an electric sitar, but have since learned that he just has a tight picking technique that he does directly in front of his saddles (along w/ masterful volume control) to get that sitaring sound.

I also bought his York cab pack a few months ago & it's very nice as is everything I've tried from York Audio.
I'm using these cabs on my Machine Gun/Hendrix patches in the AxeFx3 & they're soooooo good! I can loose myself in those phased out Uvi-Vibe patches. :)

He gives private lessons online. I've always thought about taking a lesson from one of the greats & then I decide that I'm probably not up to the task & shortchange myself.
After buying my Chapman Railboard I always planned on taking a lesson from Greg Howard...... Unfortunately, Greg passed away & that's no longer possible.
I think I should at least look on Scott Henderson's site for pricing info. It couldn't be that much, & I'm sure anything I could learn from him would be extremely beneficial to me musically. He was a teacher at GIT or MI for some time, that's where all the Tribal Tech guys came from.

I've been listening to SH w/ Tribal Tech for years now. I always thought he had an electric sitar, but have since learned that he just has a tight picking technique that he does directly in front of his saddles (along w/ masterful volume control) to get that sitaring sound.

I also bought his York cab pack a few months ago & it's very nice as is everything I've tried from York Audio.
I'm using these cabs on my Machine Gun/Hendrix patches in the AxeFx3 & they're soooooo good! I can loose myself in those phased out Uvi-Vibe patches. :)
I'm planning to buy that pack. I don't use many IRs, I tend to find something that works for me and use it everywhere. My current is a custom blend of 2 York IRs from his original MTCH pack.

If you figure out how much he charges please share!

I believe that the bass/Stick player in my band has taken lessons with a number of well known Stick players (including Emmett, I think). I'll ask him today when he's here for rehearsal.

I'm sure anything I could learn from him would be extremely beneficial to me musically. He was a teacher at GIT or MI for some time
I believe he still teaches in MI, isn't he? I finished this course a few years back: https://lp.online.mi.edu/scott-henderson-tutorials/. Check with them if the classes are still available.

We had pre-recorded materials for 10 weeks (videos and PDFs), and 10 two-hours live lectures. I don't believe there were many people in the class, because looking at the recordings of live lectures now, pretty much 70-80% of all questions were coming from me. I don't know why the rest of the guys were not really active with questions, maybe they knew it all. I didn't, so I spammed him :) I've got him playing his versions of Giant Steps, Dolemite and All Blues in this class during those lectures to illustrate certain topics, recordings which are not available anywhere else :) My precious! (c)

So in a nutshell I've got an incredible set of materials full of everything from CAGED basics to advanced 2-5-1s and his approach to scales and his chromatic ideas, (many pages with licks, chords, etc.), but it also felt like many almost private lessons with him with a few people just watching :)
I'd recommend this course over anything else I've came across in this area, and that would be many things, including signed copy of John McLaughlin's "This is the way I do it". Scott is an outstanding teacher. All this should cost waaaaay more than I had to pay for the course. If I didn't have anything else, this would be more than enough!

Back
Top Bottom