New Rush Album Is A Masterpiece!!

willowdale

Fractal Fanatic
Clockwork Angels.

Downloaded an early copy yesterday. Wow!! 60 year old guys doing this for 40 years are not supposed to be this great and relevant! This just doesn't happen with any other band!

Looking forward to getting the actual CD in all its sonic glory next Tuesday when it officially releases.

Been a huge fan forever. Haven't missed a concert since '82.

I own everything they've ever done(love 90% of it all). Make sure you actually buy the CD(or itunes etc..)

Last edited:
Luv them to deth, but the cuts I listened to on youtube - I didn't get it. Maybe they're too young for me.

I was a huge Rush fan back in the day, but I believe that they've been phoning it in from 'Test for Echo' on. I know what happened to Neil so I understand, but I still have call it what it is.

Love the new stuff, especially the track that just leaked out. The two from last fall were pretty good, the last one I heard was olde school-perfect!

Love the new stuff, especially the track that just leaked out. The two from last fall were pretty good, the last one I heard was olde school-perfect!

They slightly re-mixed the two from last fall(Caravan & BU2B) and they are even better now. But seriously the new record is amazing stuff!!

Can't wait for this album, I've been a huge fan since seeing them in the UK of the Farewell to Kings tour. I've Hardly missed a tour since then but I'm bitterly disappointed with the latest ticket prices, at over £90 a ticket I'm out. I'm really pissed with all the Ebay ticket touting as well, doesn't see right or fair.

I have to guess that you are-well not too old? Age is irrelevant. I have a friend -killer player-got terrible arthritis at 25-needless to say he doesn't play as well as he did. I have a 62 year old friend whom I will put next to almost anyone and bet he is right there with it-plays anything and everything-lives in SE florida. Actually, I know you really didn't mean any thing bad about age but it gave me an opening to post what I did :)

Do they still have that annoying chick singing though?

JK, never could get past that voice enough to get into Rush. I'm sure the music is great and all, but I just can't listen to the vocals. It's a shame, I'm probably missing some good stuff because of it...

D

I enjoy listening to them for a short time, but the vocals "though unique" get very annoying after a short time. Great band none the less, but yeah the vocals:(

Long time fan, saw them the first time on the Grace Under Pressure tour at the Texas Jam. Missed several tours while I was in the Army, but we've seen every tour since the R30 tour in 2004. Really, really looking forward to this new album. All the people who dismiss their work since the early 1980s haven't really listened to them. I get that from a lot of people when they find out how much I like Rush. Geddy did have a very high pitched voice back in the 70s, but he had toned that down considerably by the Moving Pictures era, and his voice has deepened even further in the last 20+ years.

The late 80s through Test for Echo weren't my favorite period, but there's still some quality work in those albums. I have loved the last 3 (I'm counting the new one), I think they are some of the best Rush albums ever released. My favorite period was always AFTK through Signals, but the recent albums since 2002 have been equally great, if only different. I still don't like the production on VT, but hopefully one day they'll get around to remastering that.

We got VIP tix for the Dallas show within a minute after they went on sale, so I'm really hopeful we'll be in the first 5 rows or so. We won't know until the night of the show, but regardless I'm sure it will be epic, like all their recent tours have been.

Rush + Steampunk = YES PLEASE! I can't friggin' wait to pick this up. I'm becoming obsessed with Steampunk culture. I've always been interested in it, but lately I've decided, "Screw it, I'm going for it" and I'm slowly converting everything I own to Steampunk. I've even started shopping for lightswitch covers for my house...

Back
Top Bottom