new reverb / as studio room emulation on top of IRs yes or better later with plugins

unFILTERed

Power User
i really like to mix the new studio a or studio c reverb, just tiny bit on the IRs and gives them more real recording feel as if a cab is really miked up in a studio...

what do you guys think, would u record completely dry and add this room emulations reverb with plugins such as convulution waves reverbs? or would you blend tiny tiny bit of the axe reverb
already on the tracks being recorded?

or asked in an other way: would you blend or track a room mic IR, such as the ones in ownhammer libraries?

i am going all crazy today and trying to find best way to record with axe, conclusion so far, i will be tracking 4 HiRes IRs at the same time after now (2 different mics and room and rear IR)
now i gotta decide about the axe reverb....by the way 2 HIres stereo Cabs and the Hi quality reverb plus a drive block makes the cpu hit 95%, but still no hickups.

I am a little old school I like live recording. I get a little lazy and would rather have the track finished when I recorded it so it only needs mixed with the other tracks to make a final mix. I guess the modern way is to record dry so if it doesn't sound the way you want it you can reamp,reverb what ever, makes it sound better maybe but looses the human feel IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom