New QSC Cardioid Sub

lwknives

Power User
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KScardSub

This looks super cool! If the specs are accurate this should be a really great sub! Two of these center stage would be a pretty monster system. They are low profile enough that you could just lay them on the floor in front of the band so you could get away from LR subs. Because of the cardioid setup you will get 6 DB more output than from a single 12 inch sub at the design frequency (should be 120 HZ according to the cab length), this should get you to an output level about half way between a 15 and 18 inch sub.
In my opinion this is one of the most exciting things coming out in the PA market!

Well, I want the sub to go at least an octave below that so I'm going to stick with 18"
The problem for me is getting an 18” sub center stage. Plus in order to get a cardioid patern you would need two of them center stage. Works great for big stages that are lifted high enough to get over the subs but not so much an a smaller environment. Running the subs left and right caused power alleys and dead spots.
This sub would be a trade of of volume vs control. It’s still rated at 131 dB though so it should be loude enough for most situations if you had two of them.

Back
Top Bottom