AFIII New Project Preview "Cross Country Driver" - Mangini/Viv/dUg/Riverdogs content

jharpersj

Inspired
Hey all,

I am releasing a record on Frontiers with Cross Country Driver. This was a project I wrote with Rob Lamothe from the Riverdogs and features performances by Mike Mangini, dUg Pinnick, Vivian Campbell, Greg Chaisson of Badlands, Rhonda Smith from Jeff Beck/Prince, Jimmy Wallace from the Wallflowers, Kfigg from Extreme, . Here is the preview video/press release.

I wanted to send a huge thank you to Cliff and Matt for all the support over the years, these guys are the BEST! I have been using fractal almost exclusively since the axe2. The record is all axe3 and that is also my live rig. I have a haphazard way of recording where I just kinda grab and amp, mix it with the legacy greenback cab, turn some knobs and done. Sort of whatever sounds good at the time. I do know I mostly use the Morgan AC20 for cleans, sometimes the fender deluxe, and for gain it is almost always some sort of plexi into the greenback, solo's I just boost the amp with a pedal. I like the 6CA7 a lot, and use all the plexi's as well as Friedman and the Carol Ann's.

We will be releasing the record in March. Thank you in advance for the listen! Like it, love it or hate it, I do really appreciate anyone taking the time to check it out. I would say its sort of an old style rock/hard rock, sometimes funky record, longer songs, lots of guitar.

Thank you! Jim

Those samples sound great!

I was a massive Riverdogs fan when the first album dropped many long years ago.

I forgot what a great voice Rob has. Guitars sound quite nice, too :)

Looking forward to the full release.

Back
Top Bottom