New progressive metal track I'm working on. FW 12.02, Ownhammer, Fas Modern

erockomania

Experienced

(NEWER MIX)

Used CabLab and some Ownhammer Marshall cabs on this one!

Still ironing some things out structure wise and transition wise, but it's getting there! :)

12.02, Fas Modern patch
Skervesen Raptor 6 baritone
Superior Drummer 2 with metal foundry
Ibanez 5 string bass

Last edited:
Those guitars are very clear, but they're also a touch on the "crispy" side. Are you using the atomic again?

EDIT: I must be drinking the derp-entine today or something. It says FAS Modern right on the post... yikes. Anyway - those are BKP Aftermaths yes?

derp-entine... haha!!

You are 100% correct on the crispy part, haha. After listening to distorted guitar all day, I should not have mixed this, lol! Working on a new mix on it right now for that exact reason. Woke up today, listened again and cringed a little haha.

Jakob... I friggin love the Skervesen!! Great guitar and built really well.

Also, I don't tan as I live in lots of natural California sunshine, but the guitar is tuned to drop A :)

I, too, suffer from the same phenomenon. The ears can only handle so much heavy, and I tend to push it far too long. It's so easy to want to go right into mixing though. YEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!

Maybe one day we'll learn...

newer... although, I feel like my ears still aren't working, lol. I'm suffering from bad mix fever. :D

Also, got rid of a part in there too and touched up the drums to make things flow better.

Last edited:
Really nice erock! Sick riffs in there and cool unique composition man! And I need to get my hands on that SD2 drum preset, sounds like a beast :)

Back
Top Bottom