New products

elkabyle

Inspired
I remember Cliff saying last year they had several new products in the making.
So far we've seen the axe II XL, the EV-1 pedal, the fx-8.

I wish they could do an FRFR speaker and a power amp.

I know there are a few option already available (CLR, Matrix, XiTone, Mission, etc...), but Fractal users don't seem unanimous regarding one or the other. That's why I haven't purchased any FRFR solution yet. I'm still using my Yamaha studio monitors at home, and when I jam with friends I bring my Twin Reverb and leave the axe at home.

I may be dreaming but I'd love to see Cliff and his team perfect an FRFR solution. I'd buy it without hesitation, trusting FAS will deliver the best possible product.

+1 - I would love to hear what the "ideal" model of my sounds should sound like.

However, I think Matrix, Atomic and Zilla might be a hint offended by this...

"perfect an FRFR" is an oxymoron
There are obviously differences between all FRFR solutions, so it must be possible to make a product that, if not better, compliments the Axe better? I might be talking non-sense, I know very little about equipment in general.
I'd be curious to know what Cliff uses, apart from his Studio monitors.

FRFR means Full Range, Flat Response.

many people here use "FRFR" simply to describe a PA speaker vs a guitar cab.

one true FRFR speaker shouldn't sound any different than another FRFR speaker if they are truly "Full" and "Flat."

it's true though that there are differences among all PA speakers including 2-way and 3-way systems and everything in between.

one true FRFR speaker shouldn't sound any different than another FRFR speaker if they are truly "Full" and "Flat."

Are Xitone cabs, mission Gemini true FRFR also? If so, they should all sound the same and I could buy either of them and get the same sound when used with my axe-fx? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm a total noob when it comes to these things.

Are Xitone cabs, mission Gemini true FRFR also? If so, they should all sound the same and I could buy either of them and get the same sound when used with my axe-fx? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm a total noob when it comes to these things.

i'm not sure if they are. but you don't necessarily want a FRFR sound. people like FRFR as a starting point. they usually end up adding bass and treble etc as they prefer it.

the whole FRFR argument/mentality is they don't want a speaker pre-determining the EQ. i think the discussion gets way too detailed at times. just buy a "high quality" speaker, like xitone, gemini, clr, whatever. then adjust your things till it sounds how you want.

I may be dreaming but I'd love to see Cliff and his team perfect an FRFR solution. I'd buy it without hesitation, trusting FAS will deliver the best possible product.

An old pair of JBL monitors powered by a Matrix and a Boogie cab with Celestion 80s.

I like to use the term FR as most PA and monitor solutions are not really flat in the true sense as they should be not to mention the other problems that accompany so called FRFR solutions.

I remember Cliff saying last year they had several new products in the making.
So far we've seen the axe II XL, the EV-1 pedal, the fx-8.

I wish they could do an FRFR speaker and a power amp.

I know there are a few option already available (CLR, Matrix, XiTone, Mission, etc...), but Fractal users don't seem unanimous regarding one or the other. That's why I haven't purchased any FRFR solution yet. I'm still using my Yamaha studio monitors at home, and when I jam with friends I bring my Twin Reverb and leave the axe at home.

Fractal users are pretty much unanimous about the CLR's, most agree they are best in their price range. Only seen a couple people that didn't like them.

I'm quite pleased with my Xitone 1x12 monitor, and I also have a pair of Euphonic Audio VL110 cabs that I use for bigger stages. All are FRFR and are very satisfying for stage sound.

Fractal users are pretty much unanimous about the CLR's, most agree they are best in their price range. Only seen a couple people that didn't like them.

I think there are a bunch of guys with Matrix and Xitone Rigs that may disagree with you.
Anytime you vote something is "the best", you are looking for trouble. :)

John

I think there are a bunch of guys with Matrix and Xitone Rigs that may disagree with you.
Anytime you vote something is "the best", you are looking for trouble. :)

John

I agree, they're many other nice options and I've tried at least 7 or 8 myself. I was using a qsc k10 with good results. As long as you dial in for the speaker you use, you're ok

Back
Top Bottom