New Presets for whoever finds them usable

JFL

Hi guys, my very first post here.

I'm Jorge and I'm from Lisbon, Portugal, even though I'm currently living/working in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

I've been aware of this forum for a while now, and I find it extremely useful, even though I don't post much (I haven't posted at all, really....)

Anyway, I've been tweaking my Axe II for a while now trying to come up with my own presets, based on what my ears tell me.

I'm 100% sure A LOT of you guys have a ton more experience with the Axe than I do and I could surely benefit from your knowledge.If any of you have come up with presets you are really happy with and want to exchange some, I'll be more than glad to share my own.

Here are a few of my own videos with the Axe II based on what I've been able to come up with so far as far as tone goes (YouTube doesn't really do them justice, they sound a lot better coming out of my 1922):

Axe Fx II Shred Test - Gary Moore - Still Got the Blues Solo Cover (with backing track) - YouTube
Fractal Axe Fx II tone testing - Dream Theater - Breaking All Illusions Solo Cover - YouTube
Dream Theater - Blind Faith Unison (Cover) - YouTube
Dream Theater - On the Backs of Angels (Solo Cover) - YouTube
Dream Theater - This is the Life (Solo Cover with a few twists) - YouTube

Nice to meet you all and have fun!
J.

Nice playing!

Sounds sound good but hard to really get a feel for them from the camera mic recording.

Let's see those presets!

New Presets

Sorry guys! I'm such a newbie at this I assumed you'd want to listen to the samples first.

Here they are. Please be aware that these were created for a power amp/guitar cab setup. I'm not even using cab blocks.

Note: the clean preset was created for magnetic pickups as well as piezo. It's an hybrid kind of thing.

Let me know what you think and how they sound with your gear.

Best,
J.

Attachments

• Rhythm JL.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Clean JL.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Lead JL.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
The 3 last ones sounded good, not the 2 first, too processed

You are so right! The funny thing is the last 3 I was using the BOSS GT-PRO for modeling (Mesa Rectifier) and the Axe II for effects only... ;)
But even though they may sound processed on YouTube, they sound really cool coming out of the speakers. Really punchy and thick. To me at least...

so i finally got around to playing with all the presets today and i had one issue. All of the patches were clipping (without "tickling" the red) and had a popping noise that would happen frequently. I also noticed they took longer to load than any other patch. Do you have this problem as well?

so i finally got around to playing with all the presets today and i had one issue. All of the patches were clipping (without "tickling" the red) and had a popping noise that would happen frequently. I also noticed they took longer to load than any other patch. Do you have this problem as well?

Hey Kenny. Yes and no: yes they do clipp without tickling the red (I leveled them like that on purpose), and no, I have no popping noise whatsoever (at least that I can tell), nor do they take longer to load. And the CPU is running at about 65%... just so you know.

Try to reduce the master volume. Maybe it's a compatibility issue with the rest of your gear.
As for the loading time... Beats me.

Best, J.

Back
Top Bottom