New Periphery Album

I'm really digging this album. I didn't really like the first album much but this is a huge step forward. Their songwriting has matured so much and every song is amazing. The guitar tone is massive and the mix sounds huge. I can't wait to catch them live on the BTBAM tour.

@Clark There are solo guitars in Have a Blast and 13 mile zero

Absolutely atrocious vocals. If I wanted to listen to New Found Glory, I would kill myself. The all instrumental release of the first album was INSANELY good. I was so pumped. Then... They got that singer -_-

Absolutely atrocious vocals. If I wanted to listen to New Found Glory, I would kill myself. The all instrumental release of the first album was INSANELY good. I was so pumped. Then... They got that singer -_-

You don't like the vocals, so they suck. Guess I'll have to stop liking them now. :cry

Higher range vocalists can be talented, too. The New Found Glory comparison is hilarious. Even if you don't like them, how can you not respect his talent? He has very good control of his vocals. I thought the album was excellent. Something very new. Not really anything out there like it, which is pretty rare.

Is this what the music industry has come to? The audience is demanding stuff from bands? That's like the opposite of rock'n'roll and it's sad. No one was ever demanding an instrumental Guns 'N Roses album although that would've been understandable. I'm merely afraid of Periphery guys taking too much demands from everyone. Just keep doing what you've been doing since that's what got you this far. If the demanding audience were right with their musical vision each of them would have a successful band but they don't. You simply can't please everybody so it's better to please yourself since that's the way your music works.

Some people are just ridiculous, totally agree with Clark Kent, and I'm glad Periphery is not succumbing to those ridiculous fans out there. That being said I think Periphery II is one of the best stuff I've ever heard in awhile.

Last edited:

You know its because of people like you that they aren't releasing an instrumental version so you really f'ed yourself on that one:L I read on formspring that Bulb wouldn't release the instrumental version of the new album when fans DEMANDED it and insulted the lead singer. I have to tip my hat to him for doing that and would love to see there faces when he posted that.

Some fans seem to think they are part of the bands they like these days and can just vent anything online as if it will make a difference/change. New Found Glory vocals? I haven't listened to this band in a while but I'm pretty sure they didn't take up 7 strings and start using growls. Next you'll be comparing the guitars to Green Day.

I absolutely love Periphery's tones. The musicianship in that band is way off the charts. I will admit that I like most of the songs on the first album better as instrumentals because I can hear all the intricate guitar work, but some of them are a lot better with vocals. Jet Packs Was Yes is great with vocals.

I haven't picked up the new album yet. I will be soon.

It's cutting edge (not unlike the Axe Fx) and so it's polarizing effect isn't all that shocking. You can't deny the energy and musicality of it, and I find it interesting it spans so much musical territory. That virtually everyone here finds something to really like is impressive in itself.

But what really impressed me is that one of the musicians in the band took the time to help shed light on the tones used, and help someone here in this forum who was working on a tone match to get it right. I am all over that. Tip of the hat to you, Misha! Top shelf guitarmanship, to be sure.

I don't love Spencers' vox, but that's not what Periphery is about. Plus on the First tour right after Casey left the band, I met Spencer at the Merch booth, real nice guy, wasn't being a dick, genuinely was interested in chatting, and after that I said don't care how he sounds, hes a great guy, and he can sing well live.

Casey Sabol was AMAZING with Periphery. I really liked the stuff I heard with Casey on it. Spencer's singing from the first album was good, but I preferred Casey's singing, probably because that's what I heard first. On the new disc, Spencer's singing seems way better than his effort on the first disc. From what I read, there's no pitch-correction on his vocals at all, which is almost unheard of these days. His vocal range really shows here, from the growls to the high stuff. I really REALLY like the new disc. There's a lot of depth to the music, and the new album is much more cohesive as a whole than their first disc, in my opinion. I listen to it on repeat while I'm at work...

Well this thread crashed and burned rather quickly. I thought we were talking about guitar tones... ...

I implied it might.

I think I understand what you're saying. To be honest, I could do without the singer all together. I think Animals as Leaders is doing it right but I just want to hear the music anyways lol! I hope the release an instrumental version like they did with the last record. I think they did a fantastic job with the vocals but I really got the album to hear the AxeFx sounds and some good poly-rhythms :mrgreen

Instrumentals don't sell in the states. I'm not saying they chose to do songs for this reason, just saying.

Not supplying an instrumental version because fans demanded one, if such was the case, I find petty.

I think some of the most interesting guitar parts are during vocal runs, and the parts I find harder to hear. Again, the sonic space is a little full. There's something colorfully monochromatic about it....

Casey Sabol is too good to be singing in any band. Band mates will start feeling sorry for themselves for not being as talented and kick him out or simply quit music. That's how good he is. :D

The whole Casey thing really should've run its course a long time ago. I'm glad Misha shut all the whiny freaks down. It sucks not having an instrumental version though. Not that I don't like Spencer, I actually think he's pretty Rad. I just really like instrumentals.

I actually haven't heard the album but I probably will to see what all the rabble is about. I haven't heard anything djenty in a while. :)

Back
Top Bottom