New Pedal Day ... Pawn Shop score

MikeyB59

Power User
I just happened by a pawn shop I occasionally check out. I went to their pedal area and saw a weird old pedal I'd never seen with a price of $19.99. I was immediately intrigued, but had no idea what I was looking at. It's a Shaftesbury DuoFuzz. I'd never heard of it. A quick web search revealed that some people are asking stupid $ for this pedal, so I bought it, no questions asked. I've only played it for a few minutes with a strat into a BF Fender Princeton, but what a killer fuzz pedal. I immediately felt like Jimi Hendrix and I don't know if I've ever felt that vibe so immediately from any rig setup. It's a really articulate fuzz, but also huge sounding with some octave stuff happening, differently in the 2 different switch settings. This thing had a red Everready 9V in it, so who knows how long since it's been played, but it immediately sounded fantastic when I put a new battery in it. I wonder what the provenance of it is. It looks just like the ones I see on the net with the "Sponsered Product Rose Morris" on the front and a "made in Japan" sticker on the back. It's missing the side plate with the control names on it, but the weird addition is a "3M" plate on the front to the right of the DuoFuzz name plate. I live in the Twin Cities which is the home of 3M, so it makes me wonder if 3M had some import connection to this pedal locally or ??? Not sure, but the plate looks pretty solidly on there, so I don't think it's just somebody's add-on sticker. Could be wrong and some 3M employee might have had a little plate lying around that they thought would look cool on the pedal.

Anyhow, serious score for me. I don't know if I'll keep it or sell it or what, but it's a fantastic pedal that just dropped out of the sky and into my lap.

Last edited:
That's an awesome score- those are supposed to sound and feel amazing.. from your impression, it sounds like that's true. Nothing better than a pawn shop prize scenario.. rare that a shop doesn't look up something like this and figure out it's value these days.

That's an awesome score- those are supposed to sound and feel amazing.. from your impression, it sounds like that's true. Nothing better than a pawn shop prize scenario.. rare that a shop doesn't look up something like this and figure out it's value these days.

I worked for a music store back in the day that bought in a big box of old attic pedals & such for somewhere between $25-50. In there was an original Ross comp that was about to get a tag for $20 before I told the owner (really good guy that I've never seen do wrong by a customer or anyone else) to let me do some digging, and if I was wrong and it was worthless I'd buy it for the $20.
I think it ended up on his board.

I want piano and looking for pawnrboker opens on sunday, is there anyone who can suggest me some names of those pawnshops.

Back
Top Bottom