New Ownhammer IR Sample Recordings

Fro

Experienced
I was testing out and comparing the new Ownhammer IR’s last night. Since I had a bunch of them recorded, I thought I would post them here for people to check out.

The amp sim is the Plexi 100 High. The first IR is from the Ownhammer Public Beta Redux set. The rest are all from the new Studio Mix Labraries, both the Modern and the Vintage sets. All of the Studio Mix cabs are the T2 Studio Modern versions. The guitar is a 1977 Guild S300 with Dimarzio Air Classics.

Here are the speakers in order of appearance:

1 – V31 SM57 USA Vintage 7 Public Beta Redux
2 - M-PR-55
3 - 417-H
4 - ALN - BLU
5 - ALN - SLV
6 - CL-80
7 - D-120
8 - EV-L
9 - EV-S
10 - FN-42
11 - G65-OR
12 - G65-RI
13 - H-BB-55
14 - H-PR-55
15 - H-RI-55
16 - H-SB-75
17 - J12-BB
18 - J12-CN
19 - J12-PN
20 - J12-PQ
21 - J12-PR
22 - K-100
23 - L-BB
24 - M-BB-55
25 - M-CB-75
26 - M-RI-75
27 - M-SB-75
28 - T75-RI
29 - T75-SS
30 - V30-CH
31 - V30-EN

Enjoy!

One thing to really appreciate is cost.
The Axe is by no means cheap - but when you consider the R&D time spent into this unit it's a bargain. I know there's a lot of young guys that maybe have to spend a year to finally pay for it. Or two.
But my Kudoes really goes to OH, who (been in the business for years) have been tripping around, miking old cab's that's probably have been borrowed, delivered and transferred back to the owners. Using maybe the foremost equipment we would never lay hands on.
And for twenty quid .....

Wow that honestly felt like different amps and extremely realistic. Kevin... you da man homie! ;) I guess your stock is going uuuuuuuuup!! :D

Thanks for this clip!!

Question, were the cabs loaded in a DAW or was this done through the axefx? The reason I ask is because I find cab sims generally sound more realistic through the daw for some reason.

Question, were the cabs loaded in a DAW or was this done through the axefx? The reason I ask is because I find cab sims generally sound more realistic through the daw for some reason.

All done through the Axe Fx.

I just went through the frequency curves and I have to say that I’m surprised how usable they all are. My experience in using anything besides V30s has always been bad but all the SM57 SS IRs were pretty optimal frequency-wise. The SS IRs were okay for me at least....

Back
Top Bottom