New OWNHAMMER Beta Package Review...

TheScientist

Inspired
Just scribbling a few random thoughts after a few hours with the new stuff. No detailed comments on this or that speaker/cab combo. The bottom line is that every file is fuggin awesome....yup.....The new IRs in the extended beta package are absolutely unreal. You're totally missing out if you dont pony up a hundie immediately and get them. They work great with every amp. Clarity. Crisp, deep low end, silky chime, buttery mid range. Big fat and juicy. Then you turn back to some old stock IRs and they sound like cardboard in comparison. Unreal. The hundie is worth the beta package let alone what this Kevin Genius guy churns out in the future. IN fact, I would say the for one hundred dollars, I would take one .syx file of my choice. The beta package has a lot of files, and they are ALL amazing and great. One little thought, I noticed that when using these IR's, I reach for the actual bass control in the tone page of the amp block RATHER than the LOW cut. A real difference from the old AXE-1 days. Also the grind on single coil pickups is really, truly and absolutely free of that high end brittle. Sheeit gets smoothed out BUT STILL MAINTAINS the chime!!!!! Are you getting this also folks? Yup these amps are a MUST IMMEDIATE purchase. I cant wait to play tomorrow.

Word! I won't pretend to know what I'm talking about in terms of the how's and why's (I do plenty of that in my other life)... all I will say is these IR's sound awesome. Whatever it is that Kevin has done is something special for sure.

All those descriptors you, TheScientist, have used are spot on. I'm just really happy!

Am clueless to the world of IR's.
Would my understanding be if I purchase them, I need to constantly have my Axe FX II hooked up via USB to a pc to trigger to IR's ?
Being a windows 7 user, my usb connections are a PITA at the best of times but as a guitarist I can't say anything other than how amazing the latest user samples of the ownhammer IR's are.
I don't mind learning about new things but I've always been more of a player than a programmer.
Many thanks in advance.

Would my understanding be if I purchase them, I need to constantly have my Axe FX II hooked up via USB to a pc to trigger to IR's ?
Being a windows 7 user, my usb connections are a PITA at the best of times but as a guitarist I can't say anything other than how amazing the latest user samples of the ownhammer IR's are.
I don't mind learning about new things but I've always been more of a player than a programmer.
Many thanks in advance.

No, you have room for 50 user cabs in the axe. So you can audition them by USB, download the ones you lilke to the axe and use them in whatever preset you like.
What problems do you have with USB? I also use windows 7 and have no problems whatsoever...

Many thanks in advance.

You can upload these IRs to the AxeFxII. There are 50 user slots for that. That are the cabs that come after the stock cabs in the cab block.

I spent a little time tonight with the Twin & 5150 Green & TB30 amps. I really liked the Jump Start Beta 2X12 Shiva cab with the Jensen Jet Blackbird (JBB) & MA200 mic with those clean amps.

I also got a little time in with the Wrecker amp and liked the Public Beta Bogner 4X12 & SM57 mic as well as the Jump Start Beta Bogner 4X12 & MA200 mic.

No, you have room for 50 user cabs in the axe. So you can audition them by USB, download the ones you lilke to the axe and use them in whatever preset you like.
What problems do you have with USB? I also use windows 7 and have no problems whatsoever...

Just constantly telling me the usb driver cannot be found / not detecting my backup drives etc etc...
Took a few goes getting the FAS USB driver installed too ( not their fault - seems to be this way with USB problems always !! )
Am running Windows 7 64bit with all the latest updates.
Many thanks again for the answer - will definitely invest as these IR's sound fantastic.
Since I use Axe FX II only, I'd only need the .wav / sysx bundles and not the .NEB files ?

The new IRs in the extended beta package are absolutely unreal. You're totally missing out if you dont pony up a hundie immediately and get them.

So if I bought the "BUNDLE - All WAV Libraries (2012-04-20) $97.50" that Hundie would get me the Extended Beta Package you referred to as well???
Because I am thinking of Getting some IR's soon

So if I bought the "BUNDLE - All WAV Libraries (2012-04-20) $97.50" that Hundie would get me the Extended Beta Package you referred to as well???
Because I am thinking of Getting some IR's soon

No - but as far as I understand - the "V1" IR libraries will be updated to "V2" IR libraries free of charge to existing customers, so the Hundie would get you "V1" IR's now, later to be updated free of charge to "V2".
That's a pretty smoking deal, if you ask me

How will we know when the libraries we already own have been updated?

Use the force Rick ........ :)

I'm positive Kevin @ OwnHammer will send out a newsletter when he has updated a library.
I'm also sure people will report it here and discuss these great IR's as they become available - or you could check in @ the OwnHammer web site once in a while, maybe it will show in your account (?).

How will we know when the libraries we already own have been updated?

A few different ways:

- Subscribe to the Newsletter email (if you have already purchased from the site the email used for your account login is already added).
- Periodically check the Product News area (in the News pull down of site header).
- Periodically check the Speaker Cabs -> WAV section of the store. Once I start releasing/re-releasing these I'm going to separate 'Legacy' and 'V2' into different containers.
- Check the file size of the zip file in your order; the new ones are going to be at least 10 times the size they were before.
- As the wise Rocket Brother said, use the force - there will be a great disturbance in the form of much, much rocking out.

headbob.gif

A few different ways:

- Subscribe to the Newsletter email (if you have already purchased from the site the email used for your account login is already added).
- Periodically check the Product News area (in the News pull down of site header).
- Periodically check the Speaker Cabs -> WAV section of the store. Once I start releasing/re-releasing these I'm going to separate 'Legacy' and 'V2' into different containers.
- Check the file size of the zip file in your order; the new ones are going to be at least 10 times the size they were before.
- As the wise Rocket Brother said, use the force - there will be a great disturbance in the form of much, much rocking out.

headbob.gif

Rock out hard will I ........ :)

Back
Top Bottom