New metal song in progress. heavy.slow.groovy. Skervesen. FAS Modern. CABPACK4 MIX

Wow I really like it. Even if it's a rough mix, it sounds really good. Any advice of tips when it comes to mixing? I really struggle here. Everything sounds muddy and my drums sound thin.

Keep up the great work

Thanks guys!

Here is a NEW MIX with added music ... coming together! :)

Here is the clean patch as well (taf acrox mix CAB in the U018 slot). The reverb you hear is Valhalla Uber... not axefx.

Attachments

• E - Orange Crystal (taf acrox mix cab).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Thanks guys!

Regarding Superior Drummer preset... it's a work in progress so I'd have to go back and look at it to tell you exactly what I did, lol, but in general I used bleed to my advantage, compressed enough, EQ'd until is sounded right and flew in rooms sounds and a snare I liked from other expansion packs (avatar and metal machine)... vague enough? lol. Avatar room and Metal Machine snare I used to augment the Ludwig 402. Everything was done inside Superior Drummer with the exception of some bus compression with the Vertigo compressor from Plugin Alliance and the Slate VTM. Both added some weight and transient smoothing. I hate flying all the tracks out to my DAW, mainly because I'm lazing and don't feel like dealing with it. I made this preset to be there for me in moments of inspiration. Flying everything out would just add a level of complexity that would annoy me. Plus the onboard Sonalksis plugs are pretty darn good! I think I'm going to do a video on this as it's almost impossible to explain. I could show it in 10-15 mins from scratch I think.

Regarding tuning... drop Ab on my baritone Skervesen.

Back
Top Bottom