New member of the Club....UPS just delivered my ULTRA

dab

Just got my new Ultra and am all fired up! This is actually my second one (this one stays from now on.....I'm not kidding.).

I am anxious to get started programming this thing and copping as many of the already great patches out there as possible.

Just wanted to say Hi.

Dave Boyle
(DAB on the Gear Page)

Congrats, yeah my Ultra will never leave, as a matter of fact, i haven't been looking for anything but new guitars since my purchase 6 months ago:D

dab said:
Just got my new Ultra and am all fired up! This is actually my second one (this one stays from now on.....I'm not kidding.)
What do you mean your 2nd one ?
Did you sell your other one and find that just nothing compares, so you went back to the Ultra ?

I bought some of the TOP DOLLAR Distortion pedals on the market to test out the Ultra myself. I'd rather not give them free advertising, but lets say they were $300 + each, and I took them all back.

The Ultra Hangs with them AAAALLLLLL DAY LONG !!!

(Restocking fee is a bi tch !) :x

jlagana2002 said:
dab said:
Just got my new Ultra and am all fired up! This is actually my second one (this one stays from now on.....I'm not kidding.)
What do you mean your 2nd one ?
Did you sell your other one and find that just nothing compares, so you went back to the Ultra ?

I bought some of the TOP DOLLAR Distortion pedals on the market to test out the Ultra myself. I'd rather not give them free advertising, but lets say they were $300 + each, and I took them all back.

The Ultra Hangs with them AAAALLLLLL DAY LONG !!!

(Restocking fee is a bi tch !) :x

Sort of......... I bought one when they first came out. I liked it but it didn't knock me out at that time so I sold it. Since then with all the new firmware releases I had been listening to clips and they were sounding much better. I also really needed to lighten the load in/out for my one man show and didn't want to haul heavy tube amps anymore.

What I was trying to find was a modeler that solved the two major issues I had with them. The first was a digital crispness/harshness that I really can't stand and the second was a kind of "dead" undertone in the sound. Maybe lack of punch or response. The closest thing I can explain is if you take a cheap compressor and squash the crap out of the guitar signal you get that "dead" tone.

Anyway the new Axe-FX has done away with the digital crispness completely IMO and the patches sound much more alive so far. I think I might be able to improve it more with things like presence and thump in the right blend but I am just really getting started on programming.

Welcome back. I have had my Ultra about 6 months. I use the Verve 12ma & 8ma
for my FRFR monitors. As I do OMB and group gigs they work great for me. If
I'm in a small room and need to play at low volume, the 8ma covers it fine! If I'm
doing solo Jazz for a dinner crowd or a 4 piece blues gig, my Ultra has it
covered. Hang in there, the learning curve sometimes gets me going, but this
box just keeps getting better!!!

Congrats! I just joined the forum, and im running the Ultra thru a VHT 2/90/2 stereo amp, and then left channel
to a VHT 4/12 cab, and right channel to 2... 2x12 Crate celestion cabs..
Sitting in my bedroom, in the "pocket" of stereo bliss...is... Awesome!
One thing i can say, is that 3 weeks later im looking at this in a different way. Loved it at first,
but now i realize its so deep, and can literally do anything, that i am really excited to see how
far i can push my tone! Im already much better now at the interface
than i was on day 3 with the Ultra. This is going to be a fun ride.. :)

Back
Top Bottom