New Member Here

HughJasol

Inspired
Hi All,

This is my first post here on this forum . . . While I am new to the Fractal Forum, I am an active member of Rig-Talk, as well as the Randall MTS Forum (same handle).

I have my Axe-FX II and MFC-101 coming Thursday (two more days!). I'm a former G-System user (rackmount configuration, 4-cable method), which I just sold and shipped out yesterday. One thing I really did like about the G-System is that it served as an all-in-one solution as a multi-effects unit, MIDI foot controller, and 5-loop switcher; yet it only consumed a single 1U rack space . . . too bad it was really hard to configure to not be a tone sucker.

I still need to buy a switcher so I can still use my Egnater M4 preamp and my pedal drawer. I never liked the GCX . . . the RJM Rack Gizmo seems more in line with what I need. However, at $800 for the RJM, I'm planning to spend the extra $200-$300 and get a Sound Sculpture SwitchBlade 8B, which seems to me to be light years ahead of the RJM. The SwitchBlade GL is overkill for what I need (plus I really don't want to spend another $2K on a switcher - $1K is bad enough!). Anyone have any good/bad feedback on the Switch Blade 8B? Anyone have a used one they want to sell? ;)

I've also got some expression pedal comments/ideas, which I'll be posting into an existing thread in the MFC-101 section. But since I'm a Fractal Noob, you'll probably be getting a lot of (hopefully not too stupid) questions from me in the coming weeks, so please bear with me! :)

BTW I've already downloaded all the available software. After I install the drivers on my laptop, the very first thing I plan to do when I get the Axe is to flash to the latest firmware and then install the updated patches, so I can start from a clean slate. Any other recommendations or tips I should be aware of starting off?

Welcome
I was a G system user previously as well. Selling it and buying the axe was the best decision I've ever made. Until the day I bought the axe II.
I started off using my axe with my amp head and rack drawer, amp gizmo and gcx. I eventually sold off all that gear and run strictly the axe II with an atomic amp and in ears. I've never been happier.
I was never 100% satisfied with the g system. I've always had issue with it.

Bottom line, you're gonna LOVE the axe fx.
Congrats!!!

Anthony

HAhaha hey man congrats on the Axe II and MFC101. You will definitely enjoy it. Took you long enough to get over here. :)

Welcome HughJasol! We're all one big happy familiy here and now you're in it :) I like your picture, you look a bit like cartman! :lol *hug

Welcome!

I had a SB GL back in the early days of my rack. Great product! Looking for a SB 8B myself for another project.

Thank you!

GuitarDojo said:
I had a SB GL back in the early days of my rack. Great product! Looking for a SB 8B myself for another project.
I think in the year and a half I've been on Rig-Talk I've seen only one SwitchBlade ever come up for sale used. I've only recently started scouring eBay, but the future's not looking too bright there either . . . I'm pretty sure I'll be shelling out the full cost for a new one.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I think in the year and a half I've been on Rig-Talk I've seen only one SwitchBlade ever come up for sale used. I've only recently started scouring eBay, but the future's not looking too bright there either . . . I'm pretty sure I'll be shelling out the full cost for a new one.

I've seen them over at HugeRacksINC but I am always too late when I msg the seller.

Back
Top Bottom