New Megadeth

Yes, this "super collider" album SUCKS in so many levels, but i managed to hear it all just to rescue something...nothing to rescue and all to be forgotten!

Super Collider would be ok if it was some so-so band but it is Megadeth and we want that old greatness. It is a barely decent album. Super Collider is a good track, not great but very solid. Have you seen any live footage of Mustaine talking? I saw the Guitar Center thing. The dude is totally f'ed up. Even with sobriety he seems like he has way too many miles on him. I wish him the best health and performance-wise and appreciate his productivity but it is sad the quality is where it is.

With regards to their peers:

Metallica - What recent stuff? Death Magnetic came out in 2008. Super Collider is Megadeth's third release since then (maybe they should take longer and focus more on quality control). Death Magnetic is an OK album and setting aside the issue of mastering and the loudness war very well produced and super tight but I didn't like it much. St. Anger is bizarrely produced but has several fantastic songs on it which I would love to hear rerecorded/remixed/remastered, whatever...made to sound normal. I hope Metallica puts out another great album. If/when Metallica mellows I think their music will improve. They write awesome ballads and mainstream songs.

Slayer - Everything after Season's In The Abyss up to and including Chris Illusion is pretty terrible in my opinion but a lot of that is a stylistic choice. However World Painted Blood is an awesome album, extremely strong. I don't know if they will go on with Hanneman dead. I hope so but they aren't long for this world. You just can't constantly have that much negative energy all the time and thrive after 50. They need to add a couple of high quality uplifting songs to their set to get out another 10 years.

Anthrax - Nobody mentioned them but I will. Worship Music is an awesome album.

How is this Axe-fx II discussion related?
And when did this forum turn in to a bunch of bashers?

Shameful at best. Getting tired of it too.

Don't know what people are complaining about. I heard the new album isn't that great,didn't bother checking it out.
But get real "Endgame" was an excellent record,a return to form if you ask me.

From what I remember a year back or so Megadeth were using the II live and the last album before this one was recorded with the Fractal Axe FxII.

I haven't heard the album yet so I have no dog in this race, but isn't this type of discussion exactly what the "Lounge" section is supposed to be for? In fact the heading of this section says "all off topic posts go here". I seem to recall Cliff saying only politics and religion are off limits. I would think that music would be allowed.

And when did this forum turn in to a bunch of bashers?

Shameful at best. Getting tired of it too.

well if its not in lounge it should be, I personally dont check "where" threads are when I respond, however a) its not bashing for bashing sake, these are valid opinions, do you like everything about every band? b) free speech, I see no overt derogatory or profane ideas here...Funeral I like most of your contributions but this is pretty judgmental to sit back and call a normal discussion "shameful at best" as in wtfdamy god?

Back
Top Bottom