Presets NEW! Master Thread - Austin Buddy +PLUSPACK 2024 for CYGNUS X3 Axe-FX III (fw25) FM9 (fw67) and NEW!! FOR FM3 (fw8)

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Website is BACK UP AND LIVE! I think the new website looks much better.

There is an FAQ and a Latest News section now as well as Videos with TonePack demos and tutorials.

There are roughly a dozen orders from some parts of Feb. 6 to 9 we still have to add back to database in next few days - everybody else should be all set.

If you find that you are in that "Dirty Dozen" and can't see your downloads when you login in, or can't login, just contact me direct. Don't worry - I have original copies of your orders - all good/being fixed.

THANKS FOR YA'LLS PATIENCE!

Website is BACK UP AND LIVE! I think the new website looks much better.

There is an FAQ and a Latest News section now as well as Videos with TonePack demos and tutorials.

There are roughly a dozen orders from some parts of Feb. 6 to 9 we still have to add back to database in next few days - everybody else should be all set.

If you find that you are in that "Dirty Dozen" and can't see your downloads when you login in, or can't login, just contact me direct. Don't worry - I have original copies of your orders - all good/being fixed.

THANKS FOR YA'LLS PATIENCE!
Hi Maestro! Good job! Looks great!

Just one thing. The downloads tab seems to have a limit on how many downloads to show. In my case, being a long-time happy customer, my latest downloads do not show up anymore. f.e. the latest pluspack which I bought recently.

Hey guys, the new orders as of last night and going forward are processing fine.

But the downloads permission link seems to have broken for all the +PlusPack orders placed by you from Jan.22 to Feb. 10 (since the date product launched right before NAMM). For other TonePack products they are fine.

But not to worry, it's fixable. Just need a little time...

Over the next few days I will manually add that download permission back to each +_PlusPack order placed placed between Jan. 22 and Feb. 10.

So it will show up again next week as download file in your account.

The next zip file you'll see (next week) will be dated Feb2024 now and has the 1-2 fixes caught after launch, like real acoustic guitars presets Cab IR pointing to factory bank 2 last IR (NULL) not user cab 65.

Thanks for ya'lls patience.

Just one thing. The downloads tab seems to have a limit on how many downloads to show. In my case, being a long-time happy customer, my latest downloads do not show up anymore. f.e. the latest pluspack which I bought recently.
We handled this via Forum conversation and fixed you up. If any of you encounter this use that channel.

I am going to a long -scheduled jam most of today with my FM9 as pedal board and won’t be back until tonight. This weekend will be fixing any of these that come up. Just don't panic - everything is going to be made right! 😎

Same thing still for me here.. My LiveGold and the new +PlusPack I ordered early on is also not there in my Downloads tab..

Same thing still for me here.. My LiveGold and the new +PlusPack I ordered early on is also not there in my Downloads tab..
Ya’ll hang loose. My web people are on fixing this and claim progress is being made on these issues. Give it the weekend.

If you need a zip file urgently contact me direct.

Thanks. You guys rock!

Hi everyone:

Please welcome the new AustinBuddy +PlusPack 2024! It's been some time in the making. It's ready for the Axe-FX III and the FM9 only so far...

Once the FM3 firmware updates catch up with their big brother's 24.04 firmware options, THEN we'll have versions available for the FM3- but we don't yet (for now...).

View attachment 133665

What is the +PlusPack? It's two banks in download zip file.

Here' a YouTube DEMO for you. Austin guitarist Dave Scher will be playing them for you in that demo. (Dave is almost out on tour with EJ, for the coming G3 tour with Vai and Satriani. He's a monster guitar player. We had fun -- in a "That Pedal Show" kind of way -- checking these out, as you'll soon see, will post below when out of production/editing!).

Some tips watching these videos: Change the YouTube screen settings (cog wheel) video quality settings to 720p or higher instead of 360 (sometimes defaults low to that) for better picture resolution.
If you visit YouTube to watch, if you look at the README there at the bottom you can click SHOW TRANSCRIPT and you'll get a list of time markers in top right screen for the different amps and where they are in the show.
Last, it will sound best through good studio speakers or headphones, not a laptop...

The +PlusPack 2024 BANK 1 is over 90 amp-based presets and 350 scenes of cleans dialed in for single coils -- Strats and Teles specifically -- dialed-in LOUD and LIVE at over +92db for stage and gig use. The clean presets cover various vintage and Boutique amps, Fenders, Marshalls, Voxes, Mesa Boogie, clean Preamps and some other goodies included.

Each amp preset uses both factory cabs and DynaCabs (so you can compare) and has a mid or flatter option for a Strat or Tele. Presets use my CS2 to CS6 amp controller system that LiveGold and Naked Amps users are familiar with, and these clean presets are great drive and effects pedal platforms too.

Also included are a few presets for real acoustic guitars (piezos) as well as two "make my Strat or Tele into an Acoustic" presets.

BANK 2 has the new amp models added by Fractal to the firmware last year . This is how users of LiveGold and Naked Amps will get access to future amp updates - through the +PlusPack.

Will still annually update (for free!) LiveGold and Naked Amps TonePacks for the existing amp presets in those of course. Bank 2 is only half full, but at the rate Fractal Audio is adding new amps, a year from now it may well be full!

Below are the quick tutorials (three parts) I did in one big take ("down and dirty baby!") this weekend on the +PlusPack.

Hope you guys like it -- this TonePack came about as a result of a Fractal Forum poll we did two years ago on what ya'll wanted to see next (I show that in the Part 1 video...)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

As always, I put any new TonePack on sale for at least a month when releasing.

So the sale price now is $59 for awhile. The +PlusPack will eventually go to a $79 regular price sometime this Spring.

Visit www.AustinBuddy.com to purchase.

Cheers - and maybe see some of you at NAMM Show later this week! -AB

PS... My next 2024 projects are to update Live Gold by Spring, and to keep working on a new "FX Warehouse" TonePack (block library).

Only clean or also edge of breakup?

Hi everyone:

Please welcome the new AustinBuddy +PlusPack 2024! It's been some time in the making. It's ready for the Axe-FX III and the FM9 only so far...

Once the FM3 firmware updates catch up with their big brother's 24.04 firmware options, THEN we'll have versions available for the FM3- but we don't yet (for now...).

View attachment 133665

What is the +PlusPack? It's two banks in download zip file.

Here' a YouTube DEMO for you. Austin guitarist Dave Scher will be playing them for you in that demo. (Dave is almost out on tour with EJ, for the coming G3 tour with Vai and Satriani. He's a monster guitar player. We had fun -- in a "That Pedal Show" kind of way -- checking these out, as you'll soon see, will post below when out of production/editing!).

Some tips watching these videos: Change the YouTube screen settings (cog wheel) video quality settings to 720p or higher instead of 360 (sometimes defaults low to that) for better picture resolution.
If you visit YouTube to watch, if you look at the README there at the bottom you can click SHOW TRANSCRIPT and you'll get a list of time markers in top right screen for the different amps and where they are in the show.
Last, it will sound best through good studio speakers or headphones, not a laptop...

The +PlusPack 2024 BANK 1 is over 90 amp-based presets and 350 scenes of cleans dialed in for single coils -- Strats and Teles specifically -- dialed-in LOUD and LIVE at over +92db for stage and gig use. The clean presets cover various vintage and Boutique amps, Fenders, Marshalls, Voxes, Mesa Boogie, clean Preamps and some other goodies included.

Each amp preset uses both factory cabs and DynaCabs (so you can compare) and has a mid or flatter option for a Strat or Tele. Presets use my CS2 to CS6 amp controller system that LiveGold and Naked Amps users are familiar with, and these clean presets are great drive and effects pedal platforms too.

Also included are a few presets for real acoustic guitars (piezos) as well as two "make my Strat or Tele into an Acoustic" presets.

BANK 2 has the new amp models added by Fractal to the firmware last year . This is how users of LiveGold and Naked Amps will get access to future amp updates - through the +PlusPack.

Will still annually update (for free!) LiveGold and Naked Amps TonePacks for the existing amp presets in those of course. Bank 2 is only half full, but at the rate Fractal Audio is adding new amps, a year from now it may well be full!

Below are the quick tutorials (three parts) I did in one big take ("down and dirty baby!") this weekend on the +PlusPack.

Hope you guys like it -- this TonePack came about as a result of a Fractal Forum poll we did two years ago on what ya'll wanted to see next (I show that in the Part 1 video...)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

As always, I put any new TonePack on sale for at least a month when releasing.

So the sale price now is $59 for awhile. The +PlusPack will eventually go to a $79 regular price sometime this Spring.

Visit www.AustinBuddy.com to purchase.

Cheers - and maybe see some of you at NAMM Show later this week! -AB

PS... My next 2024 projects are to update Live Gold by Spring, and to keep working on a new "FX Warehouse" TonePack (block library).

Been waiting until I had time to go to FW 6 so I can grab this plus pack. On it!
One question, @austinbuddy , do you have any guidance for converting some of those delays/fx/etc for my mono rig? I know most preset makers love to just put out stereo rigs, but a lot of us just copy L > R and do mono. Most of the time I just bring down the stereo spread on the effects, that helps. But wanting your thoughts on that. Also good seeing you at Namm!

Been waiting until I had time to go to FW 6 so I can grab this plus pack. On it!
One question, @austinbuddy , do you have any guidance for converting some of those delays/fx/etc for my mono rig? I know most preset makers love to just put out stereo rigs, but a lot of us just copy L > R and do mono. Most of the time I just bring down the stereo spread on the effects, that helps. But wanting your thoughts on that. Also good seeing you at Namm!
NAMM was fun and great to see ya too!

If the delay is a 2290, you don't want to do the Copy L>R thing, because of phase. But for most of the other types that's fine. I would =just use mono delays rather than a stereo delay that then becomes mono. Just look at the time, feedback, and mix values and the EQ (i do mess with that, especially cutting low end under 150hz and pick the mono equivalent is one solution...

First of all, sorry for my english and the questions.
I'm 55, new to modelers, just purchased an AXE FX III and use it (for now) only with Headphones - home use only.

About the AustinBuddy presets.
There are Naked Amps and the new Plus Pack.
Maybe i buy them both.

So, own a PRS humbucker and a Fender Strat.
I read that some Scenes are for single coil, others are for humbuckers. In the Plus Pack thread i read something about "BUT you can turn off the Filter1 Block (kicker coil) and use hum-buckers with it no problem". Is this a global setting or do i have to change every preset every single time when i use a Strat and swap to the Humbucker? And, i also read about editing/changing the presets when using headphones...

Wouldnt it be better to edit/sort the presets first and then send it to the Axe? Like bank 1 single coil, bank 2 humbuckers, bank 3 headphones...

And, maybe i wouldn't even hear a difference, so is this really nessecary? :)

Hello,
From my Downloads page on my account, when I try to download the latest FM9 Naked Amps update (NOT the Plus Pack, that worked fine), it keeps giving me the Live Amp pack instead. How do I get the Naked Amps update?

Hello,
From my Downloads page on my account, when I try to download the latest FM9 Naked Amps update (NOT the Plus Pack, that worked fine), it keeps giving me the Live Amp pack instead. How do I get the Naked Amps update?

Hi @essemmarr - thanks for letting me know. Best to EMAIL me direct with your email at heybuddy @ Austinbuddy.com

Okay - for everything else on this thread -- so here is the website login/account/where is my download deal for a number of you, but it does not affect all of you.

When we upgraded the website a few weeks back, the web person didn't import all the customer records properly from the staging site. All the orders are there (don't panic). But your customer login records and other data may be missing in the current live website database. This does not affect everyone -- just some.

My eCommerce needs both customers AND orders to work right.

So the web team (added a more experienced person) have been working for more than a week to re-import the customers from a few different backups (nightly) etc. Nothing i can do but wait until they say it's done, then test it.

So - I had a decision -- d tI shut down the website, and no one gets in for a week or maybe two, or can order?

Or -- since it works fine for all new orders and customers, and still works for some older customers as well, do I let it stay live, so ya'll can place orders, but some people can't login. I chose the later.

Ya'll have been great about letting me know about issues, usually via email (I prefer that than cluttering up the forum thread on the same issue).

Anyone who needed a zip download file for now, I just send manually to you via email, until all this is resolved. All I need is the email you ordered under. I have all the orders and everything back-up, so don't worry about that part.

Sorry to burden ya'll with this...but am doing what I am competent to do, and smarter people than me are fixing it, I just don't have a firm ETA when all will work as before. Hopefully before March 1.

Last edited:
First of all, sorry for my english and the questions.
I'm 55, new to modelers, just purchased an AXE FX III and use it (for now) only with Headphones - home use only.

About the AustinBuddy presets.
There are Naked Amps and the new Plus Pack.
Maybe i buy them both.

So, own a PRS humbucker and a Fender Strat.
I read that some Scenes are for single coil, others are for humbuckers. In the Plus Pack thread i read something about "BUT you can turn off the Filter1 Block (kicker coil) and use hum-buckers with it no problem". Is this a global setting or do i have to change every preset every single time when i use a Strat and swap to the Humbucker? And, i also read about editing/changing the presets when using headphones...

Wouldnt it be better to edit/sort the presets first and then send it to the Axe? Like bank 1 single coil, bank 2 humbuckers, bank 3 headphones...

And, maybe i wouldn't even hear a difference, so is this really nessecary? :)

Hi @Ernst Johann

1000+ LiveGold -- for each preset/amp, Scenes 1-4 are dialed for humbuckers. Scenes 5-8 are the same amp, but add a 5db boost 9Kicker Coil) with Filter block, which makes the sound work better for single coil guitars.

An leading asterisk in a scene or preset name means a scene or preset was dialed in specifically for single coils.

1400+ Naked Amps was mostly dialed in for humbuckers, but has a number of specific, single coil only (even Strat or Tele) presets.

Again, leading asterisk in a scene or preset name means a scene or preset was dialed in specifically for single coils.

The +PlusPack has Bank 1 of CLEABS only (pedal platforms) that are for Strats or Teles. They all have the Kickercoil (Filter1 5db boost) On already.

If you want to use a presets from the +PlusPack Bank 1 with a humbucker guitar you can -- just run OFF the Fliter 1 block Kicker Coil.

Bank 2 of the +PlusPack was dialed in on humbuckers and has both LiveGold and Naked Amps new amps Fractal released in 2023 that are not in the original TonePacks.

Hope that helps?

-AB

Buddy, are there any guidelines for using the Plus Pack clean presets with P90 based guitars?

What should we tweak for them? Any thoughts?

Buddy, are there any guidelines for using the Plus Pack clean presets with P90 based guitars?

What should we tweak for them? Any thoughts?
I have used the +PlusPack bank 1 cleans (Fenders mainly) with my Les Paul copy GoldTop with Lollar P90s just as they are — and love them! Use the Tele scenes IMHO.

Thanks Buddy, just purchased naked amps and the plus pack. :)
Greetings from Europe and thank you for the effort!

Edit: Just sent an email regarding the download files
EditEdit: Just read your response to @essemmarr

Last edited:
Okay guys -- the WEBSITE IS GOING TO BE DOWN FOR AWHILE, NOT SURE HOW LONG YET - COULD BE A WEEK, OR EVEN TWO,.

Here's what it will say if you go there:

Dear Customers:

We are working on various database issues that have prevented some customers from logging in, or from seeing or downloading their past orders.

Not to worry, we have multiple daily backups and can see every order ever placed on our end.

The website will be down for a week or two until we can confidently restore full account access for everyone affected.

If you need a recent zip TonePack file urgently and can’t wait for the website to go live again, please email heybuddy@austinbuddy.com with the email you used to place your order, and when he can, he will email it to you manually.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom