Presets NEW! Master Thread - Austin Buddy +PLUSPACK 2024 for CYGNUS X3 Axe-FX III (fw25) FM9 (fw67) and NEW!! FOR FM3 (fw8)

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
As I wrote in the ReadMe/user Manual "errors inevitably" occur. ;)

A new customer found one in the REAL acoustic presets.

The Cab block parameters there are all correct in it's settings, but it points to a USER Cab Slot #65 - and I did not include the Cab IR for you. if you have an IR in that User Cab slot, using with this preset will not work/be "wrong."

It's a free/public domain Cab IR used around called the BAKERMAN, and most importantly it's a NULL Cab IR (totally flat).
The User Cab #65 is only being used for the Mic Preamp and some EQ (not an acoustic guitar IR).

Any Brit Rock Royalty #1 users already have this IR installed in that slot for those acoustic sounds, so they would not have noticed this being missing.

I am attaching the IR here for ya'll tor download and install, if you are using the REAL acoustic guitar presets

I will fix this in a +PlusPack TonePack update when I add the FM3 version (we await firmware before that can happen).

Thanks all - let me know if you guys find any other things I might need to correct as you go through it!
Any reason to use this one over the null IR at the end of the second factory cabs bank?
Thanks!

Purchased the pack today and so far love it!

There’s SO MANY different clean options/flavours in Bank 1 it’s crazy! And I only tested the Strat scenes on roughly 1/3rd of the bank at this point..

Cheers,
J
Right? I've been playing through them for 2 days!

Any reason to use this one over the null IR at the end of the second factory cabs bank?
Thanks!
It may be the same thing - good point. I am away from my units until Sunday. But sure, any totally flat Cab IR should work and if there is one in the Factory Cabs then in next update I will point the Cab to that!

Let users here know the bank/number of it?

YES - that one will work perfectly. I'll reset the real acoustic preset Cab blocks to point factory 2 user Cab 1024 the next update to that - and thanks again.

I’m not really a cleans connoisseur, so please excuse my ignorance when I ask what exactly is the variety of cleans? Are we talking like SRV or Philip Sayce bluesy cleans that use various drives to taste?

I’m not really a cleans connoisseur, so please excuse my ignorance when I ask what exactly is the variety of cleans? Are we talking like SRV or Philip Sayce bluesy cleans that use various drives to taste?
When I make presets, generally (but not always!) I actually try to follow what the amp wants to do, and not make it sound exactly an artist - because artists all play differently. Put Larry Carlton and Stevie Ray Vaughan into the same clean amp and it will NOT sound the same.

So there are roughly 90 different clean channels modeled in our Fractal units. Some of them sound very different (Roland JC120, JMP-1 Clean or Triaxis) while others are in same family (Fenders - tweeds blackfaces, Browns, moderns) and it can be more nuanced.

But to me, each amp has a specific sonic DNA I try to pull out of it, so that when you hear it, you go "yeah, that's what a (insert amp name here) should sound like." I meet with the videographer Tuesday...and while I know a few more edits will need to be made, am hoping the +PlusPack 2024 demo video will by done and up by Friday/next weekend on YouTube and here. Cheers!

When I make presets, generally (but not always!) I actually try to follow what the amp wants to do, and not make it sound exactly an artist - because artists all play differently. Put Larry Carlton and Stevie Ray Vaughan into the same clean amp and it will NOT sound the same.

So there are roughly 90 different clean channels modeled in our Fractal units. Some of them sound very different (Roland JC120, JMP-1 Clean or Triaxis) while others are in same family (Fenders - tweeds blackfaces, Browns, moderns) and it can be more nuanced.

But to me, each amp has a specific sonic DNA I try to pull out of it, so that when you hear it, you go "yeah, that's what a (insert amp name here) should sound like." I meet with the videographer Tuesday...and while I know a few more edits will need to be made, am hoping the +PlusPack 2024 demo video will by done and up by Friday/next weekend on YouTube and here. Cheers!
I bought it cuz I was bored at home, cool stuff! Is the updated Brit Silver model going to be in this pack or the livegold updates? I didn’t see it in this one

I bought it cuz I was bored at home, cool stuff! Is the updated Brit Silver model going to be in this pack or the livegold updates? I didn’t see it in this one
Good question.

Because that amp model is already in LiveGold, I'll update the Silver Jubilee model in the next LiveGold update sometime this early Spring. If Cliff had kept the old model and added a second new version, then it would have been in the +PlusPack.

It's only the new amp models Fractal added in 2023 (and will add during 2024) that will be put into the +PlusPack moving forward.

Okay - here's the demo video with Dave Scher. It's a bit long. The Bank 1 Cleans are the first 30 minutes, the last 11 or so minutes are a few of the LiveGold new amps in Bank 2.

Some tips watching this: Change the YouTube screen settings (cog wheel) video quality settings to 720p or higher instead of 360 (sometimes defaults low to that) for better picture resolution.
If you visit YouTube to watch, if you look at the README there at the bottom you can click SHOW TRANSCRIPT and you'll get a list of time markers in top right screen for the different amps and where they are in the show.
Last, it will sound best through good studio speakers or headphones, not a laptop...

Last edited:
Any updates on the website maintenance? I would like to purchase the +PlusPack
At the moment based on what I hear from webmaster it will probably be tomorrow - but if not then, then confident we’ll be up Friday. I won’t bore ya’ll with details.

Back
Top Bottom