Presets NEW! Master Thread - Austin Buddy +PLUSPACK 2024 for CYGNUS X3 Axe-FX III (fw25) FM9 (fw67) and NEW!! FOR FM3 (fw8)

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Yes - EVENTUALLY your zip download file will have all three hardware unit versions.
The FM3 may be slightly different for CPU reasons, we’ll see.

I need the FM9 new 6.0 firmware to be final release (not beta) before I convert.

And I am off to NAMM this week and gone all next week too, so the week of Feb. 5th for FM9 version to get added in to zip download probably…
Thanks AB
Sounds great , Cliff will probably have added another 5 amps by then j/k

Seriously , have fun at Namm
I am curious to see if it returns to what it was this year , the forums have been pretty quiet , Although it always is an awesome time to hang out with friends

Found first mistake. Things happen.

Bank 2 - LiveGold preset - LG Plexi 6CA7Jumped - the brite control modifier has brite OFF (wrong).

It should be reversed (Brite ON with CS4 modifier attached)

I'll fix this in next update in February. Just letting you know your ears aren't crazy!

How I missed that is beyond me. I'm gonna redialed both the Jumped and regular one in, regular seems a bit brite (and a good beta tester noted that to me).

I was able to convert the Axe-FX III files to the FM( new 6.0 public (1) software. Will try in next 24 hours to fold that into the zip file and add FM( unit as option on store checkout. Will include an amp layout page for FM9 as well you can try/use.

Last edited:
Okay you FM9 lovers -- I've added the +PlusPack for FM9 (as a beta, since this is brand new firmware!) to the zip download file. You'll see the FM9 option now on the website.

If you've already bought it, I just replaced the prior zip file with one having the FM9 firmware 6.00public folder added. So re-download it (log into your account and go to "MyDownloads" and you should see a version there that has both AX3 and FM9 in the file name -- use that.

Enjoy the tones! I'm gonna be away at NAMM and in LA for about 10 days starting tomorrow, so document any issues and wehn i get back Feb. 5th I'll tackle them then.

If you are gonna be at NAMM, come say hi, I'll be hanging out Friday around 1PM with the Red Sound booth in Hall D as Cooper Carter and then Marco Fanton strut there stuff there.

Last edited:
As an FM9 owner, I'll have to wait for the FM9 version to come out. I haven't watched the videos yet so I'll have to dig into those when I get a chance. Specifically for single coils you say? No humbucker love in these presets? I'm sure they can be tweaked but I only have 1 guitar (HSS) with single coils at the moment.

I assume the FM9 version will also have an introductory price?...
Looking forward to watching the videos...🍿:cool:
FM9 now included/up for firmware 6.00public - give it a whirl. Report anything amiss here, and I'll fix any errors first week of February after I get back from NAMM/CA.

Okay - I'm in - purchased. I didn't expect to have the FM9 presets available immediately! Thanks @austinbuddy ! :cool:
Great. It was all about when Fractal did the FM9 firmware update (I knew it was coin, just not when it would drop). Glad they released before I left town for NAMM.

The FM3 version, when that firmware update comes, will take me just a little more time to turnaround, because I will have to check CPU on all presets. The FM9 had no issues there that I found.

Hey guys -- before I left for NAMM today, I was able to update the BANK 2 LIveGold Amps and fix the Plexi Jump 6CA7 error.

Bank 1 Cleans are not touched in this little fix - just first half of the Bank 2 LiveGolds presets for both Axe-Fx III and FM9. I did not touch the Revv Gens or any after that in LiveGold, just the ones before it.

The updated (today!) download file name you'll see in your Download account now on my website now has a "u" in the file name -- so you can tell it from the older or original zip download.

Enjoy!

I am excited about NAMM! maybe see some of you guys there!

Last edited:
Hey Buddy!

Just bought the Plus Pack and I wanted to tell you that for me it kicks serious butt! I play mostly clean with a little kick and this pack is right in my wheelhouse. Definitely worth the price paid.

Once again you've knocked it out of the park! First couple presets I tried ended up being a time warp where I lost about an hour and didn't get much further. Thanks for all your hard work on these!!!!
Thanks amigo! Love hearing all
feedback as you guys dig in to these!

@austinbuddy, thanks for all that you do.
I've gigged the Live Gold plus a few of my own presets since the FM9 was launched. They have never failed me. The only tweaks have been effects based, which is probably typical and added +2dB to scenes 4 & 8 for leads. The amps are on point.
I haven't dug into 6.00 yet since I've been playing close to every weekend. I'll be sure to give this new pack a try as I've been on the struggle bus creating cleans.

@austinbuddy, thanks for all that you do.
I've gigged the Live Gold plus a few of my own presets since the FM9 was launched. They have never failed me. The only tweaks have been effects based, which is probably typical and added +2dB to scenes 4 & 8 for leads. The amps are on point.
I haven't dug into 6.00 yet since I've been playing close to every weekend. I'll be sure to give this new pack a try as I've been on the struggle bus creating cleans.
Thanks @Goonie - you will def. find the +PlusPacks a big improvement over the LiveGold cleans Scene 1 (which were dialed in on hum-buckers not single coils) — doing these on both my vintage Tele and modern Strat across 90+ amp options means you will find some specific presets you love!

As I wrote in the ReadMe/user Manual "errors inevitably" occur. ;)

A new customer found one in the REAL acoustic presets.

The Cab block parameters there are all correct in it's settings, but it points to a USER Cab Slot #65 - and I did not include the Cab IR for you. if you have an IR in that User Cab slot, using with this preset will not work/be "wrong."

It's a free/public domain Cab IR used around called the BAKERMAN, and most importantly it's a NULL Cab IR (totally flat).
The User Cab #65 is only being used for the Mic Preamp and some EQ (not an acoustic guitar IR).

Any Brit Rock Royalty #1 users already have this IR installed in that slot for those acoustic sounds, so they would not have noticed this being missing.

I am attaching the IR here for ya'll tor download and install, if you are using the REAL acoustic guitar presets

I will fix this in a +PlusPack TonePack update when I add the FM3 version (we await firmware before that can happen).

Thanks all - let me know if you guys find any other things I might need to correct as you go through it!

Attachments

• U1.0065_U1.0065 BRR null Preamp - AB.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 16
Purchased the pack today and so far love it!

There’s SO MANY different clean options/flavours in Bank 1 it’s crazy! And I only tested the Strat scenes on roughly 1/3rd of the bank at this point..

Cheers,
J

Back
Top Bottom