New Mackie speakers.

markmusicman

Experienced
Anyone looking for a new FRFR solution, the new Mackies look pretty nice for the price. They have a SRM550 and 650s I believe would work great with the Axe. The 550s put out 1600 watts each and are only $599.00 if anyone tries them be sure to give us a review.

Have you heard them with the Axe? Have you heard them as compared to the other 'bonafide' solutions?

I only ask because I thought that Mackie was the shit when testing studio monitors until I had two amp failures (two different speakers), and had a chance to listen to them using other studio references such as the upper end KRK's, the Focals, the Yamahas, the Tannoys, and others?

I ended up buying the big brothers to the Focals (Solo6 BE's), and for FRFR the RCF-SMA12's.

Not to be nasty, but recommendation without context is not highly helpful...

Have you heard them with the Axe? Have you heard them as compared to the other 'bonafide' solutions?

I only ask because I thought that Mackie was the shit when testing studio monitors until I had two amp failures (two different speakers), and had a chance to listen to them using other studio references such as the upper end KRK's, the Focals, the Yamahas, the Tannoys, and others?

I ended up buying the big brothers to the Focals (Solo6 BE's), and for FRFR the RCF-SMA12's.

Not to be nasty, but recommendation without context is not highly helpful...
This wasn't a recommendation. It was a call to attention on a reasonably priced frfr idea... Kind of a snarky response to a general query. Lame.

Not snarky at all. Just my actual experience with the Mackies (and some others). Your response contained no useful information at all, therefore yours would be the lame response.

What are you? Spock?

I have/had several Mackie products and they are a fine company with good products and are always looking to get better. Are there better or more useful frfr solutions out there? Sure, maybe. That is why Mark asked, dude!

So. I just tried the 550 with my axe and they're blistering. I love em. They have a wide dispersion, as uprising low end, and a compact chassis I have never seen. For, me they're too spendy for my applications and I have a xitone system that will eat lesser speaker cabs...

So, Spock. I ask you: was THAT an "entirely helpful" and less "lame" of a response?

Live long and prosper.

Back
Top Bottom