New Landau Strat

Mike Landau is a monster player. Love some of the things he did with Michael McDonald, Matraca Berg, Jennifer Warnes. Just so flexible and tasteful.
Yup. And JT, even. So, so versatile, and always manages to find the part that serves the song.

Awful looking guitar. Giant trem route, sharpie marker on it uggh... not for me.

One Man's Trash is another man's Treasure :wink: ....

@Andy Eagle - O.K. what would it even take to replace a Floyd Rose bridge w/a Fender 6 screw Vintage style bridge ? I don't think I've ever seen it done before ? Does it require "major surgery" or is it somewhat "trivial" ? I have absolutely no clue ?!?

I've got an older 80's Super Strat w/a 'decked' Floyd and I've been wanting to swap it out for a while now ( I just didn't think it would be possible ? ) ..., I love everything about the guitar except the Floyd bridge & nut ....

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

@Andy Eagle - O.K. what would it even take to replace a Floyd Rose bridge w/a Fender 6 screw Vintage style bridge ? I don't think I've ever seen it done before ? Does it require "major surgery" or is it somewhat "trivial" ? I have absolutely no clue ?!?

I've got an older 80's Super Strat w/a 'decked' Floyd and I've been wanting to swap it out for a while now ( I just didn't think it would be possible ? ) ..., I love everything about the guitar except the Floyd bridge & nut ....
If you just want it functional just screw the original back and make a new nut. Fitting a floyd removes material but it doesn't affect the part with the six screw holes. This is how Mikes old Tyler is. It looks terrible but its not a functional problem.

see thats a cool guitar, please don't remove the floyd. sell that sucker to someone who will love and abuse that bar.

see thats a cool guitar, please don't remove the floyd. sell that sucker to someone who will love and abuse that bar.

The pickups are low output ( PAF & Vintage Strat ), so they're screaming for more of a vintage tremolo type situation ....

And now that I've seen for myself that it can be done ..., I've got plans for the Floyd as well as the Neck ! They're going on a Locke Ash body w/ a much hotter Pariah Pasadena Black pickup ! I might even find a single to match it with ( kind of like a Henrik Danhage guitar ) ?

Back
Top Bottom