New Keith Urban Amp

jiggajewjay

Inspired
I swapped my favorite cleanish preset with the Keith Urban amp to see if i would also fall in love with it. To be quite honest with you i didn't find that amp to be anything special. Now i am NOT saying that this amp inst a gem. i just tweaked for a few minutes but no magic. Can someone post some presets, clips or even just some solid settings so that i can get into the ball park? i am using a Fender American Deluxe with Vintage pickups. i am looking for a clean to edge of break up sound. Thanks!!

edit: I am using TAF_WAT_MIX IR - perhaps there is a more appropriate IR for this Amp.

Last edited:
After playing for 45 years it takes not only a heck of a guitar player but a certain type of guitar player to capture my attention and keep it. Tyler you are one of those people. There is a magic in your playing and it is captivating. Dude.... I hope you know that. Thank you.

After playing for 45 years it takes not only a heck of a guitar player but a certain type of guitar player to capture my attention and keep it. Tyler you are one of those people. There is a magic in your playing and it is captivating. Dude.... I hope you know that. Thank you.

:redface-new:

Preface: I run out to a poweramp / cab so I don't really use the IRs.

I played around with this amp and thought it sounded really good with a les paul and also with my MusicMan Luke III. I was getting pretty good dynamic response from the amp. I also really like it with just a little bit of compressor running before the amp.

I decided to blend this amp with the 30w Suhr Badger, and holy crap! The badger is running a light crunch tone and then the urban twin is set to the edge of breakup. This combo is fantastic. I can get some awesome, full sounding cleans but also some great blues / classic rock type tones if I dig in.

I noticed you said you're using vintage pickups. Maybe the key is to hit it with a hotter signal from the guitar? The singles in my Luke are still pretty hot. Perhaps you can try upping the input trim a bit to compensate for the lower output pickups?

Loving this amp so far.

Sorry, never saved it. Just brought up the amp, set the bass to 0 treble around 9 and input drive to 10 and hit record. Was testing the new amp with the new firmware a few weeks ago...

This may be a stupid question, but how did you know to set the bass to 0? I"ve played with this new model and i was excited about it, but I just didn't think it sounded that good. But when i listen to your recording it sounds great. It has a nice vintage and "real" vibe to it that I dig, but I just couldn't pull that sound out of it. I wasn't using your chose IR"s though. But I would never put the bass to 0 regardless. Is that something that is fairly common in Fender based amps, to take a lot of the bass out? I guess I'm trying to learn more about how to dial in a certain amp than replicating a preset etc.....

Thanks man

But I would never put the bass to 0 regardless. Is that something that is fairly common in Fender based amps, to take a lot of the bass out

Why not? What makes you think that setting the bass at 0 is a bad thing?
It all comes back to using your ears to dial something in.

Back
Top Bottom