New Kalthallen IRs - Impressive!

BarneyB.

Dudes - I tried out the new Kalthallen Cabs "MesOs" in my Axe.
I can tell you, this will blow you away!

For those who don't know, six of the old Kalthallen Cabs were integrated into the Axe II Firmware since 7.0.
So when I heard about a new collection, I really got interested.

I found out that some of the MesOs IR where integrated into the TSE x50 Ampsim as well and the Developers Comment:
"These impulses are WEAPONS not just a files!"

So I spent the 12 Euro for 140 IRs and I am really impressed!
There are 16 Mics in 35 different positions.
I don't really need the two "Back of the Cabinet" IRs, but the rest sounds so HQ!
Anybody else using it?
What do you think?

Kalthallen Cabs Pro

What file formats do they come in. Are they available in or convertible to Ultra-Rez?

I got a package with Wave Files, in 44.1 kHz and 96 kHz.

The 96 kHz is high resolution as possible, but you have to convert them to SysEx by yourself.

As I heard, the Ultra-Rez format is a Fractal Audio protected format, I don't know if there is a converter arround.

Allright, so it is possible to convert the Wave files with CAB LAB to Ultra-Rez!

My Axe is an older one, so I never informed myself...

LPSlinger, do you have a Favorite combination of these Cabs?
To me it seems that most of the Kalthallen IR where already mixed mics.

LPSlinger, do you have a Favorite combination of these Cabs?
To me it seems that most of the Kalthallen IR where already mixed mics.

BarneyB., I can't say I have a favorite as it is totally dependent on the amp sim/cab IR combination; however, a nice mix: MesOs - RibR4-01C at 100%, MesOs - RibR4-02C(back) 35%. This mix provides the top end and thunk.

Cheers
LP

What's the lenght of the ir/wavs and if they are longer, is there any content there?
Well, even if there is no content, remember that a UR needs less CPU, so it is always a good idea to convert to UR.
i

Hello,
I'm the developer from Kalthallen Cabs. Good to see happy MesOs owners around here. :)
It's not a fixed value, they are cut as long as needed to be complete.
It's around 4500 samples mostly for 44.1 kHz and around 9000 samples for the 96 kHz version.
Hope that helps.

@ LPSlinger: Thanks, I'll try this. Didn't check the Ribbon IR's yet, there are so many good sounding Cabs in this Package.

@ symphx: I don't own-hammer, so I just can compare 12 Euro to 99,95 Dollars...

So as I said, 96 kHz is High Resolution as possible, with around 9000 Samples!
Nice to have have a developer round here, as I have a Standard I can't answer questions about Ultra Rez.

@ Skaldir: You did a great Job on this IR's Skaldir!
Is there a special reason why you don't offer Ultra Rez by yourself?

@ Skaldir: You did a great Job on this IR's Skaldir!
Is there a special reason why you don't offer Ultra Rez by yourself?

Thanks!
I was told Ultra Res is an exclusive format. When you release as UR you are not allowed to have those captures in another format side by side.
But I am working on a new exclusive Ultra Res pack :)

Back
Top Bottom