New John Petrucci Product Coming Soon...

It's a guitar pick holder with double sided tape.

That or it's artisan footswitch covers for the FC6/12.

Coffee grinder maybe? (He says "reach new sonic heights," a good coffee grinder can do that.)

right, a trans-album suite of presets, with the goal, or mission, of covering all of John's sounds throughout his albums in song order

edit: but it's not free

I could be wrong on this one, but I believe JP is trying to compete with SpaceX and Blue Origin to provide space travel. In this mission, he will be taking participants to planet Tone, a rock that rolls through our solar system and has been hiding from scientists for millennia using ancient toney secrets! It is unlikely I will be able to afford a seat on the maiden voyage, but I look forward to hearing the reports from those lucky enough to be able to participate!! To tonefinity and beyond!!!

I caught the Dream Sonic tour and I was trying to figure out exactly why they did it. Considering they had just completed a big EU tour and Jame LeBrie’s voice was blown and needed rest bad. I was pretty convinced that JP was using the FXIII for all his tone generation not just FX. Of course can’t be certain. Devin Townsend is known to use Fractal. I had gotten this wild idea that this was an experiment to see if bands of this medium level could do tours together with just a couple FXIII’s and share it. Keeping equipment to a minimum and costs down. The only thing that messed this up was Tosin Abasi was actually using real amps and cabs.

Anyway, I think a lot of acts are having to negotiate the new post lockdown music landscape carefully in order to make any money. They definitely are not making anything from streaming. To that end this could be some sort of personalized presets, Amp models, IR’s or even Dyna Cabs for FAS gear or a small one off unit of JP stuff. Who knows.

I don't think it's software (only). Has to be some type of hardware.
Neural released the Petrucci plugin, so I can't see this being a second plugin.

Would be cool if it was some type of hybrid product - Fractal & Power Amp in one unit with his name on it. I doubt it's that, but a man can dream.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom