New Ipad user ... cool audio interface ?

openmind

Inspired
Hey people ... so, just get an ipad mini retina and its amazing !!! I was lookin for gettin a nice audio interface to play a little bit when I m out, touring, traveling, warm up, hotel playing etc ... so, nothing amazing but usefull ... was thinkin about apogee jam ... not sure about get the pro or .. just the normal one ... anyway, any cool audio interfaces u can recomend for me ?
cheers people !!!

I am using iRig Pro and like it a lot. Sounds really good in headphones. I ran it through a CLR with JamUp Pro and it was OK (the Axe has me spoiled).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roland Duo Capture EX is cool and works on batteries if you want. Focusrite interfaces are good, too, but I don't think the ones with 2 or more channels can run without external power. Apogee Jam is great if you just want to run guitar into the Ipad

I prefer an interface that had a/d for the out as well. Using the heaphone out on the ipad is not that great.

The apogee one , duet and quattro have this.

As much as I'm a fan of Apogee, the Line6 Sonic Port is about the best balance of size, functionality and quality. It's powered from your iPad. It has a guitar in, stereo in, phones out and rig out. Have a look on the website. Can turn your iPad or iPhone into a viable emergency rig. I've been using mine for a while now. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still think apogee jam ... is better for me ...

Ive got an apogee jam. love it. Couldnt think of a single bad thing about it. Ive even just used it as a standalone recording interface into my computer for mobile recording. I just wish they sold a lightning cable for it.

Edit: apparently they sell the cable standalone and holy crap its 40 bucks....thats almost as bad as a first party apple cable.

If you want to spend less money than for an apogee Duet and get more channel in/outs + the ability to use it on pc/mac/IOS then try the RME Babyface. It's sound quality is up to the apogee's, you can use it without a power supply (but only if you don't need phantom power for the mic pre's).

Well ... I ll think about the RME babyface, apogee jam 96k ( wich comes with lightning cable I think ) and apogee duet ... Apogee duet can solve my problems if I wanna record voice and guitar at the same time and is portable enough ... thx people !

Back
Top Bottom