New Input 1 Gain Parameter

Hi all, i know that's and old thread, but... About input 1 gain does everyone know if that modified Is assignable to an external controller? L'et Say you have to switch between more than 2-3 Guitar and you want everyone of them hit the rig the same way... Would be great of that parameter modified could be assignable to a midi cc Luke "vol Inc - vol dec" option...

Hi all, i know that's and old thread, but... About input 1 gain does everyone know if that modified Is assignable to an external controller? L'et Say you have to switch between more than 2-3 Guitar and you want everyone of them hit the rig the same way... Would be great of that parameter modified could be assignable to a midi cc Luke "vol Inc - vol dec" option...
Input gain does the same thing as adjusting the level control of the input1 block, except input gain has global effect - so if you want to use a modifier, you can via input1/level on a per preset basis.

Agreed, would be nice if glabal input gain was modifiable tho.

Thread necromancy, ahoy.

I discovered this setting while trying to eradicate some uncontrollable feedback during rehearsal at pretty high volume on some high gain presets with my pretty hot Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C-7 with EMGs. "Uncontrollable" as in "any time the volume is up, the setup is howling, regardless of anything else (e.g. muting, etc)". Setting that setting down to 0.18 was able to tame the feedback, but now I'm also thinking that it's likely low enough to impact "ordinary" tones since I'm driving the input at such a low level. Which makes me wonder what a logical mechanism for adjusting the input gain might be. I feel like mine is too low and I should be driving the inputs a bit harder and dealing with the howl elsewhere in the signal chain. But I'm not sure what the starting point really should be. I assume 1.0 unity gain is fit for some FAS gold standard of pickup output but I don't know where my EMGs fit, or where my PRS Silver Sky SE fits. Any thoughts?

Thread necromancy, ahoy.

I discovered this setting while trying to eradicate some uncontrollable feedback during rehearsal at pretty high volume on some high gain presets with my pretty hot Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C-7 with EMGs. "Uncontrollable" as in "any time the volume is up, the setup is howling, regardless of anything else (e.g. muting, etc)". Setting that setting down to 0.18 was able to tame the feedback, but now I'm also thinking that it's likely low enough to impact "ordinary" tones since I'm driving the input at such a low level. Which makes me wonder what a logical mechanism for adjusting the input gain might be. I feel like mine is too low and I should be driving the inputs a bit harder and dealing with the howl elsewhere in the signal chain. But I'm not sure what the starting point really should be. I assume 1.0 unity gain is fit for some FAS gold standard of pickup output but I don't know where my EMGs fit, or where my PRS Silver Sky SE fits. Any thoughts?
1.0 is the actual signal level from your guitar...

Turn down the gain if you're getting too much feedback.

trying to eradicate some uncontrollable feedback during rehearsal at pretty high volume on some high gain presets
Sounds like some or all of the issue might be on the output side and not necessarily related to input gain. What are you monitoring thru?

Input gain at 0.18 means your sending only 18% of your guitar's signal to the grid (about -15 dB). You've probably dialed in too much gain in the amp and drives. Post the preset.

Back
Top Bottom