New idea for a W/D rig!

hunter

Experienced
Sooo I was discussing over at HRI, and had a nice idea which I will try out soon.

You know the problem, FX in the loops of amps usually destroy the tone. Sooo as I have a Palmer PDI-09 lying around, I was thinking, why not keep the amp (Bogner XTC) dry through my 4x12, grab the frequency corrected signal post power amp from the PDI-09, run that into the Axe for effects and then into the Verve12MA for only the Wet signal.

Would make a pretty nice, still compact W/D rig.

I LOVE the sound of this amp and I also LOVE the effects of the Axe, like this I can get best of both worlds and probably create a pretty massive wall of sound.

Opinions?

That would work friggin beautifully.

My only subtle critique would be the use of the Palmer...I just have never dug the way they sound but that's just personal preference...I know many guys use them.

As an alternative though, you could use an A/B switch to send signal from your guitar to either the Bogner only for a raw, dry tone...or to the AXE only for super lush cleans...or to both for the W/D experience. If you really want to retain the dry tone from the Bogner and send it to the AXE for effects the A/B won't work...but it does give you a LOT of flexibility. You can augment the Bogner tone with an amp + cab model from the AXE that also has effects and have the best of all worlds: multiple amps at one time, killer effects and a great dry tone...all in a simple, fairly portable rig.

Another way to run it would be to use an attenuator on the Bogner that has a "line out" or just get a dedicated line out box. Or, you could mic the Bogner cab and send that signal to a rack mounted mic pre that would then feed the AXE for the wet.

Or, run the head directly to the cab as you said but then run the effects send from your head into the axe fx rear input. From there you can add all your effects and even run it through one of the IR's of your own cab to boot!

hunter said:
Sooo I was discussing over at HRI, and had a nice idea which I will try out soon.

You know the problem, FX in the loops of amps usually destroy the tone. Sooo as I have a Palmer PDI-09 lying around, I was thinking, why not keep the amp (Bogner XTC) dry through my 4x12, grab the frequency corrected signal post power amp from the PDI-09, run that into the Axe for effects and then into the Verve12MA for only the Wet signal.

Would make a pretty nice, still compact W/D rig.

I LOVE the sound of this amp and I also LOVE the effects of the Axe, like this I can get best of both worlds and probably create a pretty massive wall of sound.

Opinions?
have you tried the radial effects loop mixer. i use it in the loop of my boogie. your direct signal goes straight through and you can blend in your axe fx just like you do with a rack rig or a pa.

Back
Top Bottom