New HX Stomp...is it April Fool's Day? Or, in other words, WTF?

TenorKeith

Inspired
Ok, I just stumbled upon this at zzounds.com website. I can't find any information anywhere about it on the internet. Is this a joke?

HX_Stomp_XL_Top_824513-3ba6e1d2362bce1bbd5e4c1fed3edded.jpg

Probably published the product page accidentally before they were allowed to. It looks real.

If they’re going to charge $750 for it, they had better beef up the DSP since it’s 3/4 the cost of an FM3.

• Wow
Reactions: jon
If they’re going to charge $750 for it, they had better beef up the DSP since it’s 3/4 the cost of an FM3.
Line 6 rarely if ever changes DSP for the better in their products if they make a more souped version. This is why Helix Rack is just like the floor modeler, with more connectors in the back. They only go down for downsized products.

Reactions: jon
I wonder if the folks over at another forum will ever catch onto the irony of giving FAS flak for the number of Axe-Fx revisions they've released, while lauding Line6 for releasing new iteration of the same product every year since 2015.

Digital Igloo over at TGP confirmed it. He even posted a FAQ. Basically, just an HX stomp with more buttons and a bigger price tag. So weird. If I were in the market for something like that I would have a hard time between this and the Pod Go (if I were looking for a Line 6 product). They're cannibalizing their own market.

They give more options to those that have been asking again and again for more switches. They are not replacing stomp with this. They add it in their product catalogue. Not really for me but it is good to have more options.

Actually, not a terrible idea...but I think they did it wrong. A mirror image of it with A-D buttons on the bottom would have made a whole lot more sense to me.

I still have my Stomp, and with the increased block count, it's finally useful. Doesn't hold a candle to the FM3, but you can almost put it in your pocket.

Back
Top Bottom