New GT/16-Setup questions/problems

Mitch Lavin

Hey all,
First thread here. Been an owner of the XL+ since October and it's a real game changer! I just received the Mastermind GT/16 and having a bit of an issue setting it up. I've been following the videos on their site and I'm experiencing 2 problems:
1) Preset Names not Syncing. Seems stuck with no movement in the bar.
2) Tuner is showing a question mark.

I've been able to change patches, change tempo, turn off/on various effects but I'm clearly not doing something right here. This is also my first midi board so I'm definitely midi ignorant lol...
Any help will be most appreciated.
Thanks!
Mitch

Make sure bidirectional midi is on in the Device set up. Also make sure you have a Sysyem action of Tuner in the Button command, so it will have 2 actions for tuner.

Thanks for the ultra fast reply Chris! The bidir is set to on. Not sure how to check the System Action of Tuner. Tried to load preset names again and still no dice. Tuner just shows a ?

Just saw that the midi cable I ordered from Sweetwater is a 5pin/3 conductor cable. I assume thats the problem?
yup. you need all 5 pins wired. this will probably solve both issues, assuming you are using some sort of template for the Axe.

when you get to making your own Buttons, you'll see that the Tuner requires 2 "actions", which are basically the command. 1 to tell the Axe to go to Tuner mode (CC#15 or whatever), and the 2nd to tell the MMGT to change its screen to the "Tuner" system function.

Back
Top Bottom