New FX8 Mark 2 owner and forum member

Thanks ZED. I managed to get my head around scenes vs. patches and get those programmed in as well as noise gate settings etc. I'm waiting on my Humbuster cables to arrive to quiet things down and then go through the gates again. Impressed so far!

Spindrifter, welcome!

Got myself an FX8 a few weeks ago and also snagged some Humbuster cables! GREAT set-up with my amp! I'm trying out 4 cable method (4CM) for the first time and I am totally smitten. Color-coding is a really smart idea. I am sooo stealing that.

Welcome! I've been using the FX8 since 2015 and am happy to say that every time I've thought of something I want it to do, it has been able to do it. The only exception is that despite finding some really nice drive sounds, I've not been able to part with my analog drive pedals and have the FX8 choosing them via a midi loop selector. The upside to that is that I have plenty CPU for other fx. Love this thing!

Welcome! I've been using the FX8 since 2015 and am happy to say that every time I've thought of something I want it to do, it has been able to do it. The only exception is that despite finding some really nice drive sounds, I've not been able to part with my analog drive pedals and have the FX8 choosing them via a midi loop selector. The upside to that is that I have plenty CPU for other fx. Love this thing!

Hey man! I was thinking about going down this route, I'm still not sold on the drives and have a nice couple of analogue pedals. Which MIDI loop switcher do you use? I like the idea of going straight into the front of my amp and having the FX8 in the FX loop, but really don't want to tap dance anymore...

Cheers

Andy

Disaster Area DPC-5. I bought an older version off Reverb, and from what I can see of the added features on the "Gen3" version, I like my gen2 better. As mentioned I have it set up so that scenes trigger particular pedals, but it also allows you to turn pedals on/off whenever you want. Have gigged with it 3 times now and like it more every time. I also felt compelled to fill up all 5 loops because I just love buying gear? Anyway, it's way cool.
As far as routing, I'm still doing 4CM. Guitar into FX8>out 1>DPC-5>amp input>amp send>FX8 in 2>FX8 out 2>amp return.
FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom