New FRFR Option: Raezer’s Edge Audio Flux

I'm in the market for a FRFR setup, so this is interesting. I think 200W might be a little underpowered. I also don't really like that it appears to be a simple cabinet. Most truly flat speakers have engineered cabinetry that is critical to the end of achieving a flat frequency response.

I'm in the market for a FRFR setup, so this is interesting. I think 200W might be a little underpowered. I also don't really like that it appears to be a simple cabinet. Most truly flat speakers have engineered cabinetry that is critical to the end of achieving a flat frequency response.

I believe my Gamehendge amp has the same power amp in it, and it is pretty loud. I've played it with a 5 piece, and it cut through fine (2 guitars, drums, bass, keys). Here is a response I received from the builder when I asked about the amp:

"The motivation behind this design, aside from the stereo capabilities, was to build and design the cabinet as a guitar amp vs a monitor. And the open / closed back functionality really lends itself well to this. I had the ear of some local players who tour with prominent names and with their feedback, we were able to really dial this in."

He also said he was able to compare it to the Line6 power cab and felt it performed better. I'm really interested in this amp but can't pull the trigger right now due to some other recent purchases.

Update: I received clarification on the power rating:

"Regarding the power rating. To be clear, being a stereo amp, it's 200 watts a side. But rest assured it can get blisteringly loud with the Fractal."

Last edited:
It appears there are parallel threads about these speakers.

They reduced the size of the 2x10 cabinet to more closely fit the 10" speakers, which they say didn't really affect the sound of the cabinet.

I don't think they're using speakers that are designed to be FRFR though, their page doesn't specify what speaker they're using.

I'd like a 10" version with Celestion's digital speaker, but that doesn't appear to be available, and I doubt either company would tell us if it was forthcoming.

As a result, I'm thinking of getting a Mojotone 2x12 extension cabinet, stuffing it with some of the Celestion F12M-150, and putting a plate amplifier in it. The Celestions are pretty lightweight so it could turn out to be a good cabinet for jams and such.

Such are the brainstorms that go through my head.

It appears there are parallel threads about these speakers.

They reduced the size of the 2x10 cabinet to more closely fit the 10" speakers, which they say didn't really affect the sound of the cabinet.

I don't think they're using speakers that are designed to be FRFR though, their page doesn't specify what speaker they're using.

I'd like a 10" version with Celestion's digital speaker, but that doesn't appear to be available, and I doubt either company would tell us if it was forthcoming.

As a result, I'm thinking of getting a Mojotone 2x12 extension cabinet, stuffing it with some of the Celestion F12M-150, and putting a plate amplifier in it. The Celestions are pretty lightweight so it could turn out to be a good cabinet for jams and such.

Such are the brainstorms that go through my head.
I believe the RE website now specifies Emi Neodymium Pro for the 2x10" and 2x12" models, and Alpha 8a for the 2x8" cabs. Don't know whether those are legit FRFR drivers, though.

It also states that they're now coming with Piezo tweeters. I'd love to give one a shot, due to them being stereo, but doubt I'll ever come across one in the wild.

Don't know whether those are legit FRFR drivers, though.
I don't know that there's a specification saying what makes a driver or speaker be legit FRFR.

The frequency response chart for the Eminence coaxial 12" looks pretty good…
1698001520549.png

As does the 10"
1698001752145.png

Mixing two cabs, a 10" cab and a 12", looks like it'd create a nice sounding combination, and would be flexible.

The Alpha 8" has quite a spike at 5K which I'd dial out…

1698002382419.png

It also states that they're now coming with Piezo tweeters. I'd love to give one a shot, due to them being stereo, but doubt I'll ever come across one in the wild.

Looking at the graphs, the tweeters would help on the high end to extend the range of the 10" and 12" speakers. On the 8" it might be painful so I expect Raezer is doing some EQing internally.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom