New Fractal user…..

You have to get the latest, but yes, it is.

Defintely get 5.0b1, OP. Odds are we'll have a new FW beta or maybe even an official release in the next week or two, but 5.0b1 is quite nice and stable. FAS is killin' it.
The FM3 I just got is FW 4.01. Wasn't going to update until official release. Sounds like I have to if I want to use the FM3 Edit that I DL'd last night.

Well, I’ve uploaded FW4.01 again - no improvement
Then uploaded FW 5.01 beta - still no improvement.
Pressed and twiddled all the knobs & buttons - still no improvement.

Think time to speak to G66 then…..

G66 have stellar support even if it seems that you had a bad start, this will be quickly solved by their support team.

Sorry to hear that :( not good - see if they can send a replacement first before you send that unit back maybe

There is a complete unit reset process on front panel settings in menu system - you would have to look into that - nothing to loose by trying that

If a problematic system parameter prevents the Axe-Fx III or FM3 from booting, holding EDIT on startup bypasses non-default system settings and resets them. Press-and-hold both EDIT and HOME at startup to bypass and reset the system settings AND load a clean preset.

Use Fractal-Bot to load firmware onto the device.

You can also revert to a previous firmware version using the emergency bootloader:

1. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears
  2. Update using Fractal-Bot.
A system reset also resets the FC Controllers settings. Use the editor to save and restore these settings.

Sorry to read this. Hope it’s a quick turn around.

I’m sort of curious to see what it is (not that I don’t believe you, as a Electronics Technician I like to see issues), especially if on a product I own. I’m sure you have other concerns right now, but for an FYI In order to upload videos I think you have to use a host like YouTube and then link to that.

If a problematic system parameter prevents the Axe-Fx III or FM3 from booting, holding EDIT on startup bypasses non-default system settings and resets them. Press-and-hold both EDIT and HOME at startup to bypass and reset the system settings AND load a clean preset.

You can also revert to a previous firmware version using the emergency bootloader:

1. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears
A system reset also resets the FC Controllers settings. Use the editor to save and restore these settings.
Wow, thanks for the help @rsvette12 , really appreciated. I’ll give this a go….

Sorry to read this. Hope it’s a quick turn around.

I’m sort of curious to see what it is (not that I don’t believe you, as a Electronics Technician I like to see issues), especially if on a product I own. I’m sure you have other concerns right now, but for an FYI In order to upload videos I think you have to use a host like YouTube and then link to that.

Doesn’t look so bad on this, but it is constantly ‘flashing’

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that :( not good - see if they can send a replacement first before you send that unit back maybe
I’ll have a little play before sending it back to see if I like the unit first…..the gap between scenes is already slightly irritating even when staying on the same amp channel, and worse when changing amps……🤷‍♂️

I’ll have a little play before sending it back to see if I like the unit first…..the gap between scenes is already slightly irritating even when staying on the same amp channel, and worse when changing amps……🤷‍♂️
I see what you mean. Definitely not normal!

As far a “gap” switching scenes. Is this when changing scenes in FM3 edit or from the unit itself? I was rather impressed with that aspect.

That looks like hardware issue unfortunately - good luck - if I were you I send it back and buy an AXE III :) sold mine after 2 weeks never looked back - AXE III is well worth the extra money in many ways

If I had to choose between my Corvette and my AXE I would have an impossible decision

Sadly didn’t work…..

That looks like hardware issue unfortunately - good luck - if I were you I send it back and buy an AXE III :) sold mine after 2 weeks never looked back - AXE III is well worth the extra money in many ways

If I had to choose between my Corvette and my AXE I would have an impossible decision
🤔

This reminds me of an issue with older stuff where the ribbon that connects the screen to the motherboard is loose or there's power problem.

OP can you try plugging the unit to a different power source? If you have a power conditioning unit like a Furman or an UPS for your computer, try and see if it's not a dirty power issue.

OTher than that I'd say your screen got dinged in the shipoping/QA process and needs some maintenance.

This reminds me of an issue with older stuff where the ribbon that connects the screen to the motherboard is loose or there's power problem.
OP can you try plugging the unit to a different power source? If you have a power conditioning unit like a Furman or an UPS for your computer, try and see if it's not

ribbon that connects the screen to the motherboard is loose

Yup thats sounds like the issue - loose ribbon would cause that flutter or a loose wire - something got tweaked in shipping

OP can you try plugging the unit to a different power source? If you have a power conditioning unit like a Furman or an UPS for your computer, try and see if it's not a dirty power issue.

OTher than that I'd say your screen got dinged in the shipoping/QA process and needs some maintenance.
Thanks @USMC_Trev , tried a different lead. No improvement, but did allow me to connect the CME MIDI Master!!!

Back
Top Bottom