New FM9 FW version 1, no cabs installed, won't communicate

elephall

My FM9 arrived today (wahoo!) but seems to have nothing installed. No cabs or presets. Firmware was version 0.1. So I updated it to 4.01. Now it won't communicate with Fractal-bot or FM9-edit. It detects that it is there ('connected') but says it can't communicate ('no response received).
Any ideas?

Did you move straight to FW4, or go through some intermediate ones? I think that jump may have been too much.

In any case, it seems to have escaped quality control, I'm sure Fractal will set you right.

Frustrating, though, I'm sure.

Did you move straight to FW4, or go through some intermediate ones? I think that jump may have been too much.

In any case, it seems to have escaped quality control, I'm sure Fractal will set you right.

Frustrating, though, I'm sure.
Seems there are some updates that should happen at the distributor that didn't. Fortunately I have an Axe3 to keep me company while it's sorted ;)

Thanks all. The dealer was supposed to update the unit prior to posting but didn't so it came in some kind of pre-setup state. I just hope me updating the FW didn't do anything! So I'm posting it back. The waiting list here in Australia is long (I got on it in Aug 2021 and got the unit last week) so waiting another week or so doesn't seem that long. I'm lucky that I have an Axe 3 to keep me company :cool:

Thanks all. The dealer was supposed to update the unit prior to posting but didn't so it came in some kind of pre-setup state. I just hope me updating the FW didn't do anything! So I'm posting it back. The waiting list here in Australia is long (I got on it in Aug 2021 and got the unit last week) so waiting another week or so doesn't seem that long. I'm lucky that I have an Axe 3 to keep me company :cool:

I was reading this thread and thinking this must be an Aussie from the latest shipment. Got mine back today! Cool upgrade from the AX8. I wonder how many FM9s in Australia now…

Back
Top Bottom