New FM9 Day - Quick Question (odd noise)

I kinda am. I do so much reading on a screen during my work day (big tech) that my eyes are pretty shot by the end of the day.

I do get the paper issue, though. Maybe I'll just stick with the class. Every single time I've downloaded but not printed a manual, I've never read it. I'd like to actually read this one, but I need a way to do it that my aging eyes can sustain. Good thought!
Good to hear you're beginning CC's classes. If your eyes bother you, there is a small icon towards the upper right of there webpage that allows you to enlarge the video screen...vitally important when trying to read the fine print on the FM9 & FM9-Edit. Discovered this after many minutes of blinking and watery eyes with the standard screen...

Good to hear you're beginning CC's classes. If your eyes bother you, there is a small icon towards the upper right of there webpage that allows you to enlarge the video screen...vitally important when trying to read the fine print on the FM9 & FM9-Edit. Discovered this after many minutes of blinking and watery eyes with the standard screen...
I don't have a problem with the classes at all. That looks great. It's just reading the manual off of a screen that makes my eyes fatigue.

I noticed the same thing when I first received my fm9.
That noise is caused by the buttons on the front panel that move outwards when you flip it upside down.

I noticed the same thing when I first received my fm9.
That noise is caused by the buttons on the front panel that move outwards when you flip it upside down.
Yes, and thanks to @biskitboy, I came to realize that. Quite a relief.

And after just a few hours or use, I love this piece of gear. For me, it is well worth the wait. First time I've plugged into a modeler and the presets sound really good.

Honestly, I've used many other modelers over the course of three decades, including some I will still keep - but none had presets that were so great from jump.
You’ll find many of them totally gig-worthy with just slight tweaks to match your setup. They are very well done. Also, many presets are done as examples of what you can do with the dizzying number of options available. Looking at the way these presets are laid out on screen or in FM9 Edit, along with the settings that make them work the way they do, is a great educational opportunity and tutorial in patch building. While some may seem of limited use, they are as good as a manual on how to create your own sounds, from tame to tangled!

Forum to the rescue! I just unboxed my new FM9, heard/felt the rattles before I've plugged it in, and found this thread on a search. Now I can proceed with the fun!

I literally just did the same thing! I got a case and when i picked it up to put in the case i heard it and had a mini heart attack. 😄

Was literally about to open a new thread because I just opened a new FM9 and heard the same noises. It sounds almost like a percussion shaker haha but I assume it's a the buttons rattling and or a ribbon cable.

Back
Top Bottom