New FM3T 1st dumb question post

Just got my FM3 today.

I have been setting up patches on headphones. I'm trying to plug my FM3 into my SD powerstage + cab while still being plugged into my computer through usb.

I'm running output 1 to my poweramp and do not get any sound through my cab. If I switch over to the headphone out, I do get sound, but it just seems off.

Help me please? :)

Attachments

• Riffage.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Double check all your cables and connections to the amp and cab. If you're getting output to the Headphone jack, you should also be getting output to the Output 1 jacks as well.

We need to see your preset. You can make a screenshot of the layout, but that isn’t nearly as useful as the preset itself. Export it and attach it to your initial post.

In addition, describe your connections IN DETAIL to your Powerstage and cab.
Updated with preset.

Running USB from FM3 to macbook
Running guitar cable from L (humbuster) output to input of powerstage
Running speaker cable from speaker out of SD PS to 8ohm cab

Just got my FM3 today.

I have been setting up patches on headphones. I'm trying to plug my FM3 into my SD powerstage + cab while still being plugged into my computer through usb.

I'm running output 1 to my poweramp and do not get any sound through my cab. If I switch over to the headphone out, I do get sound, but it just seems off.

Help me please? :)
What Greg said above...give detailed info on your connections.

Sounds like you are using Output 2 and not 1 from your second post. Is this the case or no? If so, it's an easy fix to copy the outputs.

What Greg said above...give detailed info on your connections.

Sounds like you are using Output 2 and not 1 from your second post. Is this the case or no? If so, it's an easy fix to copy the outputs.
I'm not using the XLR outputs. I'm using the second set.

Where's your output, 17 (left) or 20 (left)? You mentioned a humbuster cable above which is why I question it.

1700536709267.png

Turn on the following option:

SETUP > I/O > Audio > (Scroll to the Output 2 Configuration section) Copy Output 1: ON
Just tried this to no sound. Like I said, the signal is hot. If I remove it from the jack and touch the cable, I get sound from the cab.

Edit: This worked! I needed to adjust level 2 on the FM3.

I told you that this would be a very dumb question. As always, thanks for being patient, helpful, and awesome. I missed being part of the main forum and look forward to getting more of my dumb questions answered!

Your testing was pretty good because you found you had output all the way to the headphone jack. That's the first test to see if the preset is functional.

Another test is to press Home then Knob B to move to the layout view, then Knob A to Zoom, then Page >> to Meters and play something or grab the tip of the guitar cable and make sure that signal makes it through the entire preset. If it doesn't then look at the last block you see signal.

The image @fcs101 posted is from the manual on p. 23, and is a really good reference when debugging problems with I/O. It sounds like you were using "Output 2 Copy Output 1" in the system settings, which is invisible to us but is important to mention for future reference, or include the system+gb+fc backup file so we can replicate your system on ours where we would have been able to see it. :)

Have fun. The FM3 is an amazing tool.

^^^Yes, the Meters page is definitely your friend when trying to trace a signal. It'll show you immediately where the signal is dropping out.

Back
Top Bottom