New FM3 user - question about studio monitors

Rodreezus

Hi all, I just got the FM3 and I'm running it through a pair of

they work OK, but I do find that no preset sounds decent until they've been thoroughly EQ'd and tweaked via the editor. Is there anything inherently limiting about these or are they a decent option for this unit?

Seen a few posts that seem to suggest that the "Rockit" speakers are not a very good reference sound source. As mentioned above, there are better options.

Even a pair of Headrush 8" might be a better option. But of course that is all subjective.

** speakers are rockit 6s

You’ve got the top of the line in terms of amp modeling and effects. Your speakers are not in the same league. Personally, I use Genelec monitors. A buddy has some Adam A7s and they sound great too - these are very popular. Adam came out with the T series which are much more affordable - I’ve not heard them but they get great reviews.

i use Adam a5x. love them. the most clarity i've ever heard in any speakers. that top end is perfect. i hear stereo things that i've never heard on the same recordings i listened to all my life. i heard the a3x and a7x as well, and the 5s are perfect for my setup.

I have m- audio bx5a , not the best,bass heavy, but my head phones DT 880 PRO, sound great .I looking into the Adam t5v ,more my price range .

Adam A3X here (I have a small space) and they just sound fantastic. That said, I rarely find factory presets I like. I always start from scratch.

Just push the button for the T5V Adams ,coming next Wednesday ,I'll let you know how they sound

They sound really good for the price, in my opinion. They’re pretty flat (you can tweak +/- 2db on high and low frequencies), good bass response, very good high frequency definition and incredible stereo separation. I’m more than happy for my home

Presets are rarely perfect for everyone's setup and ears. Feel free to adjust. That said the KRKs are not the best. I had a pair. Tons of better choices in all price points.

The factory presets are dialed in to be played LOUD. Crank up the volume and the standard settings will sound much better

Back
Top Bottom