New FC12 owner question!

Fatjac

Inspired
Hi all, I received my new toy yesterday & I am very pleased with it indeed! Having messed around in the interim period whilst on the waitlist with an FCB1010 & a MFC mk1 I am astounded how easy this is to use! It is so well thought out. Just everything about it & the Axe FX3 are superb!

Anyway I set it up as per the instructions. Using the Axe to set the default settings to it. It all works fine except for one query which I am sure is just me.

Two of the examples refer to the perform layout & the preset layout. In the preset it was fine but in the perform I could not get the perform selection to work correctly. I realised after a while that it was selecting banks of 10 rather than the 4 used in the layout and thus was skipping 6 presets at a time. I thought that the layout itself would define the bank size. The only way that I could find to set the bank size to 4 to use the perform menu was under the config menu. However this changes the way that the presets menu works inasmuch as it then limits the bank size to 4 for that layout too. I hope that I've explained that correctly? My way of thinking would be that it should be possible to define bank size in each layout?

So my question is: have I set the bank size in the correct menu (config) or is there somewhere else to set it? Should each change of layout require the bank size to be changed in order to utilise that layout?

TIA

Gary

Bank size can’t be set per layout. We knew this setting up the example layouts, and they are indeed examples. It’s functioning correctly. Please set the bank size desired overall. It may be possible in the future, but not at this time.

Thanks Chris. Just wanted to check my understanding of it. So if using a different layout it's necessary to change bank size to ensure correct functionality?

Gary

Thanks Chris. Just wanted to check my understanding of it. So if using a different layout it's necessary to change bank size to ensure correct functionality?

Gary
I’m saying it’s best to stick with one design for bank size since it can only be set to one value for all Layouts. If you want 6 presets on a layout, put 6 on all layouts etc. It isn’t intended for you to keep changing it just to use layouts. They are examples. Change what you need.

OK understood, thanks. I'm good with that, I just like to thoroughly understand a unit so that I can utilise it as best as possible.

Back
Top Bottom