New fat 7-string metal tone

Nolly

Inspired
I've been messing around with some new tones for a big organic metal mix.
I used my Bernie Rico Jr Jekyll 727 (BKP Black Dog bridge). It's not mastered super loud so crank it up a bit !

yeah, i like it. Very tight and organic..... i'd like to see your EQ settings :)

great sound and also great guitar :)

Cheers Revan132, I think the real key to tones like this is to find a cabinet IR that gives you a realistically airy top end and doesn't get too boxy when you emphasise the low mids.

Do you suggest the stock IR's or are you using 3rd party such as Redwirez if you don't mind me asking! I'm not really trying to copy, it just sounds very, very heavy and organic.

The stock cabs are pretty good to work with, try running the two recto 4x12s together for something similar, maybe stick a 57 on one and an R121 on the other. Using the Air parameter is really important if you're using stock cabs so spend some time tweaking that.
For this one I used a Ownhammer Mesa Recto cab, though I've since found a preferable tone with a Redwire IR

The stock cabs are pretty good to work with, try running the two recto 4x12s together for something similar, maybe stick a 57 on one and an R121 on the other. Using the Air parameter is really important if you're using stock cabs so spend some time tweaking that.
For this one I used a Ownhammer Mesa Recto cab, though I've since found a preferable tone with a Redwire IR

Really appreciate the kind words of advice! Thanks Nolly!

man that is intense. but that sound sample is way too short. gimmie more!!!! also i need you to explain the air parameter. cause i couldn't get anything noticeable out of it. cheers mate.

How bouts you just share the patch so we can studies it. :D

YesJackNicholson.gif

F*ck Axechange, just post the sucker here :)
And yeah...make it longer...14 seconds isn't enough.
It sounds mad, but it's over before you know it :)

man that is intense. but that sound sample is way too short. gimmie more!!!! also i need you to explain the air parameter. cause i couldn't get anything noticeable out of it. cheers mate.

I'm also confused on how to work with the air parameter. It doesn't seem to make a very noticeable difference

Sorry guys, no patch this time but here are the guitar tracks solo'd for anyone interested to hear:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/Fat gtrs solo'd.mp3

It's double tracked (1 take per side)
It is GOOD but just as I thought. :) That first sample was all bass guitar. It is a good tone, just proves how much the bass guitar shapes a guitar tone. Sounds good Nolly, there is another big crunch sample on here and they said no bass guitar. That one is good too!;) They are all great!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom