New EVH Wolfgang SA-126 looks amazing!

Moustache bridge seems an interesting choice. I usually associate those with '70s Gibsons. Still... looks like a great guitar! I have a soft spot for semi-hollows.

Good looking guitar. The head stock looks kind of like the ESP LTD guitars. They lost me when I saw the neck described as thin.

I think if that is played through a high gain head it’s going to feedback like hell if you don’t gate it
The only positive thing about being a bedroom guitarist, and I do have an ISP Decimator pedal on the floor. Those P-90's are made to be clones of the original P-90's and they rock.

At stage volumes with high gain, I've had more problems with full hollow-bodies than I have with semi-hollows. Depends a lot on where you are in relation to any speakers that are amplifying the guitar. For reference, this was using a Gibson ES-335 and a 100w Boogie Mark III into 2 4x12s, 80s metal, no IEMs, no gates, and a pretty loud drummer. I couldn't do that with a hollow-body, but well-designed semi-hollows are quite capable of being feedback resistant. I had my cabs on the side pointing across the stage, so not into the front or back of the guitar and I didn't have any guitar in the floor monitors.

Assuming that EVH is still manufactured by Fender, the design and quality of this should be pretty decent, but I have no personal experience with this specific model.

If the neck profile matched the Wolfgang I could get interested but build quality? Where are they being made? Japan would work for me.

At stage volumes with high gain, I've had more problems with full hollow-bodies than I have with semi-hollows. Depends a lot on where you are in relation to any speakers that are amplifying the guitar. For reference, this was using a Gibson ES-335 and a 100w Boogie Mark III into 2 4x12s, 80s metal, no IEMs, no gates, and a pretty loud drummer. I couldn't do that with a hollow-body, but well-designed semi-hollows are quite capable of being feedback resistant. I had my cabs on the side pointing across the stage, so not into the front or back of the guitar and I didn't have any guitar in the floor monitors.

Assuming that EVH is still manufactured by Fender, the design and quality of this should be pretty decent, but I have no personal experience with this specific model.
It's true. Semi-hollowbodied guitars were purposely designed to help mitigate the feedback normally associated with full hollow body guitars.

Can anyone verify this regards a PRS SE HBII? Although I'd likely only ever bring a 35W 1x12 combo to a gig, I don't think the HBII would ever experience a significant feedback problem...perhaps with the FM9/QSC CP8, but not the combo...

It's true. Semi-hollowbodied guitars were purposely designed to help mitigate the feedback normally associated with full hollow body guitars.

Can anyone verify this regards a PRS SE HBII? Although I'd likely only ever bring a 35W 1x12 combo to a gig, I don't think the HBII would ever experience a significant feedback problem...perhaps with the FM9/QSC CP8, but not the combo...

I have a SE Hollowbody Standard and don't have any issues with feedback issues playing with the amp on the edge of breakup and with an overdrive pedal. My amps range between 22 and 45 watts. I have also used my AXE3 and FM9 into an Accugroove Robusta with the same results. I typically play a small fully hollow body and have not had feedback problems with either of the setups; however, I've been playing hollow and semi-hollowbody guitars primarily for the last 15-20 years. The SE Hollowbody is my back up when it's cold/hot outside or I don't want to take my #1 to a gig.

I have a SE Hollowbody Standard and don't have any issues with feedback issues playing with the amp on the edge of breakup and with an overdrive pedal. My amps range between 22 and 45 watts. I have also used my AXE3 and FM9 into an Accugroove Robusta with the same results. I typically play a small fully hollow body and have not had feedback problems with either of the setups; however, I've been playing hollow and semi-hollowbody guitars primarily for the last 15-20 years. The SE Hollowbody is my back up when it's cold/hot outside or I don't want to take my #1 to a gig.
Thanks for this. My concern was like yours. I've got acoustic, hollowbody and semi-hollow that have yet to be gigged. Concerns about feedback had previously kept them at home. Your reply is good news.

Back
Top Bottom