New Duncans In My Carvin - Live Looper Jam

fatandugly

Experienced
Got a little weary of the original Carvin pickups in my C66C and switched them out to Duncans. Bridge = SH11 Custom Custom (my favorite), neck = Duncan '59. Never tried the '59 before...it's very clean...LOVE it! Here's a little dicking around. Live looper jam I did tonight direct into Ableton. First part is the '59 split to a single and second is the SH11. Looper is the Rang 3.

Hi

I have a dc127 that I'm thinking of changing the pups in but I understand the carvin pups/rings are non standard size making new pup installs difficult. Is that your experience?

P

I,also,have Carvins ct6m,dc400ta,ae185,and have a custom custom waiting in my tool bag to be installed in my ct6.This might be just the push I needed to install it.
Nice track.Would you mind sharing the preset and some info as to ir's used.

Got a little weary of the original Carvin pickups in my C66C and switched them out to Duncans. Bridge = SH11 Custom Custom (my favorite), neck = Duncan '59. Never tried the '59 before...it's very clean...LOVE it! Here's a little dicking around. Live looper jam I did tonight direct into Ableton. First part is the '59 split to a single and second is the SH11. Looper is the Rang 3.

Dude, we're neighbors! I'm in Sarasota, right off Bee Ridge Road.

I have my local expert luthier guy do the work, he did say it was a pain in the ass :D He said he has to drill 2 extra holes on 1 side of each pickup and then fiddle with the mounting on them to get it to work.

Hi

I have a dc127 that I'm thinking of changing the pups in but I understand the carvin pups/rings are non standard size making new pup installs difficult. Is that your experience?

P

Hi Axeist. I'm new to Carvin stuff and super pleased with them. Got my eye on a CT for the new year. I LOVE the Custom Custom...it's become my main bridge pickup and the only one I'm consistently happy with. Takes the bright treble edge off a maple top tone just right. FYI, it's not a simple drop-in because of the way Carvin mounts their p/u's. You have to do some drilling on the replacement pups. I had a local luthier do the work.

The clean echo tone intro is a patch from the forum called "Shiva Sat El Cap". I tried searching to see if I could find the original post of whoever put it up but did not have any luck. I have not installed axe edit on my new Mac because of all the issues I keep reading about for fear it will hose my Axe, otherwise I would grab it and post it for you. From paging through the preset, looks like studio compressor @ 4:1 soft knee to mono tape delay 377ms - 80% fb with low & hi cut to taste 30% mix, to Shiver clean 4.84 drive tone to taste, depth 1, master 7.96 neutral voice, factory cab 23 2X12 blue, then split to 2 lines, one is clean (nothing added, the second is multidelay - plex delay with 1/4, 1/4, 1/4 trip, 1/4 trip, 3.5 sec decay, 35% mix into medium cathedral verb - 3.5 sec, size 35, hi cut 6156hz. The first and second lead tone is the stock patch "Shiver Lead + Verb" with a few tweaks on the treble & bass to please my ears...stock IR. Second/heavier lead tone is the stock patch "Dark Lead" with a few tweaks in it. Stock IR as well.

I,also,have Carvins ct6m,dc400ta,ae185,and have a custom custom waiting in my tool bag to be installed in my ct6.This might be just the push I needed to install it.
Nice track.Would you mind sharing the preset and some info as to ir's used.

Sweet! Don't you jut hate it here :D Paradise! You play locally? I've been hoping to see some other local folks using it live. I think there are 3 or 4 of us Sarasota folks on the forum here. I believe Tremonti is local and a couple other guys? I'm not in a band but I host a songwriter show 1X per month at the Coffee Loft on 41 by the airport and use the axe for some ambient electric stuff and have just started running my acoustic through it as well.

Dude, we're neighbors! I'm in Sarasota, right off Bee Ridge Road.

Yep, that's the preset. LOVE that one...so dreamy and nice. I can play on it forever. Thanks Axeist.

I'm really in love with this Carvin. Amazing guitar. Looking to get a CT with a piezo next. What preset are you using for your piezo? I just saw Rush Saturday and Alex Lifeson has the most amazing acoustic tone on his piezo Les Pauls. Sounded better than just about any live acoustic I've ever heard. Matt confirmed it's 100% direct Axe II with his album acoustics audio tracks tone matched.

Thanks for the details on the preset.
Great sound and nice playing.
I agree about the Carvins.They have great necks,gorgeous as anything.Pups seem to sound a lot better in v.9.My DC400T is one of my favorites.Screams to cleans,and I can blend in a piezo,too.
Below is a link to the OT with the preset.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-preset-exchange/41427-el-capistan-saturated-wash.html

Back
Top Bottom